Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

20 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Very plausible then! ^_^

What's everyone's thoughts on Enter Shikari, The Neighbourhood, Frank Turner, The Prodigy (between Rock For People & We Are Electric), Chase & Status and maybe the Netsky B2B Jauz B2B Slushii for Klub C closer? Would also love Royal Blood but 4 times in 5 years is a major and unrealistic push!

Frank has the whole of July free between his US tour, plus his got a new album out so he could be coming back for EU fests. Could see him opening main stage?

23 hours ago, Aech said:

Frank has the whole of July free between his US tour, plus his got a new album out so he could be coming back for EU fests. Could see him opening main stage?

I personally think it's highly unlikely. To into his tour schedule, I would have expected him to have at least one other festival announced. He isn't doing a single festival this year (so far announced) - not even any in the UK. 

Seems unlikely, especially after it will be less than a week since he comes back from a huge US tour. 

Don't want to be seen as a pessimist, and am still very much hoping, but it would seem too good to be true.

If we get Biffy - I'm immediately booking my ticket. Even if it has to go on the Credit card!!

20 minutes ago, Phantom_Zone said:

Kasabian, The XX and Biffy and I'd be delighted! It might not be a popular opinion but I'm not digging this years lineup as much as the previous 2 years...I'm sure it will still be as good as ever when there but I'm not excited *yet*!

I do see your point, however in my personal opinion, it is more balanced this year. There are acts I'm looking forward to seeing everyday rather than all being compressed into one day like last year.

Biffy Clyro would be incredible, and from the Mad Cool lineup I'd love to see Slaves, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Rival Sons, Tame Impala and Post Malone. Hopefully there's at least a couple of those acts in tomorrows announcement.

Edit: Would also love the rest of the fib lineup to come over to Werchter as well as the Killers too, Liam Gallagher, Travis Scott, Two Door Cinema Club, Catfish and the Bottlemen and NBT would all be great additions.

Edited by Aech

1 hour ago, DHG123 said:

Guesses for tomorrow?

Kasabian

The XX

N.E.R.D

Jungle

Biffy Clyro

doubt we’d get them all in one announcement but I think all plausible.

Also I saw Dead Cross are playing both Graspop and Dour. Does that mean we could potentially get one or two from Graspop?

I can see all of them coming tbh 

Hi all.

Full time lurker here. Really looking forward to the line up this year, I thought the XX were dead on for this one so I'm a little surprised they haven't been announced yet. It would be great to see them again as they opened the festival in 2010 which was the first time I went so it holds some sentimental value for me.

Snow patrol is a weird one for me, no album out (are they working on one?) and I think they've only got another live date in their calendar. I imagine they are going to be on the main stage before the killers and that always seems like a disappointing slot. RHCP did the same in 2016 they weren't headlining but they were on the main stage and for me they just didn't seem that bothered.

Good to see some rockier acts again, last year also looked a lot better than 2016.

Have probably mentioned this before but if the XX, Kasabian or Tame Impala are announced either tomorrow or on any coming Fridays I would just die with excitement... and if all three are announced then it has the potential to be (personally) the best lineup I have ever seen (personally hoping most for Tame otherwise I will have to grab a ticket to go to London on the 15th to Citadel to see them because I am not missing them this year)

Missed Franz Ferdinand in my hometown last week so they would be a really great addition too and despite seeing them each a handful of times, The Magic Gang, Wolf Alice and Slaves would all be great undercard additions 

Edited by RUMINE

23 minutes ago, santowhir said:

Hi all.

Full time lurker here. Really looking forward to the line up this year, I thought the XX were dead on for this one so I'm a little surprised they haven't been announced yet. It would be great to see them again as they opened the festival in 2010 which was the first time I went so it holds some sentimental value for me.

Snow patrol is a weird one for me, no album out (are they working on one?) and I think they've only got another live date in their calendar. I imagine they are going to be on the main stage before the killers and that always seems like a disappointing slot. RHCP did the same in 2016 they weren't headlining but they were on the main stage and for me they just didn't seem that bothered.

Good to see some rockier acts again, last year also looked a lot better than 2016.

snow patrol is done recording new album and is on multiple fests (including pinkpop in june)

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

How RHCP didn't headline in 2016? Editors played after them cause I guess RHCP weren't up to starting at 00:30. Paul McCartney didn't play last either :D Also RHCP had an album out

It was a co-headliners structure. Basically RW let the veterans (RHCP, Depeche Mode) play a longer set (5-10 minutes longer) earlier to disguise the fact that Editors are much more popular in Belgium  :P

On 2/20/2018 at 9:13 AM, visdave34 said:

That downvote was ridiculous... In recent years it sold out around at the end of March / beginning of April. I expected this year to sell out quicker, with the absence of Glasto, but we'll see. They usually send out a ticket alert on the socials when they are close to selling out.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:53 AM, Tuggster said:

That is just crazy, I just seem to be collecting them for having an opinion at the moment anyway lmao

On 2/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, ParanoidTourist said:

There's a weird culture here (a minority I guess) who downvote anything that diverges from your own opinion. This example however is downright crazy;)

Most people here though are very nice and sensible I think. 

On 2/20/2018 at 12:54 PM, Phantom_Zone said:

People will downvote anything ;)

They usually sell out end of March or April (if its a sell out year) but I plan to get mine next week just in case...

If you want to stay in the Hive or Resort, get them asap as the Resort especially has limited places and sells pretty well (moreso after last year, they were top notch compared to previous years)

Honestly though...only Werchter know how many tickets are left so i would just get them as soon as you can afford the hit!

Cheers for the help guys! I need to encourage my mates to buy a ticket soon then! Line up is quality for me. Great mix of genres on the undercard with rock headliners. I can visit Brussels before the festival as well which is a bonus. Heard lots of good things and have it on my list of European cities to visit. 

Regarding the downvotes, some people are just bizarre. You just have to laugh :lol: Agree that the majority on here are great! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Cheers for the help guys! I need to encourage my mates to buy a ticket soon then! Line up is quality for me. Great mix of genres on the undercard with rock headliners. I can visit Brussels before the festival as well which is a bonus. Heard lots of good things and have it on my list of European cities to visit. 

Regarding the downvotes, some people are just bizarre. You just have to laugh :lol: Agree that the majority on here are great! 

yo - we did bruges and ghent pre werchter - going to do brussels this year - have fun :D

• Upvote 1