Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

5 minutes ago, Tuggster said:

Just didnt think London Grammer were "Big Enough" to be a sub headliner for the Killers

On the other hand, with Arsenal you probably have the KlubC closer, they are quite big in Belgium. Then you have Anderson .Paak, Ben Howard, Snow Patrol and London Grammar who could also fill important slots. So maybe a closing (dance) act after The Killers is max. we will get and Snow Patrol or London Grammar will be the sub. Just a thought. Why else did it take them so long to announce the major act(s) for the Friday? The Killers was obvious, because they had an Antwerp gig still to sell out. But if they have another big name up their sleeve, why wasn't it announced already to shift some tickets?

33 minutes ago, Tuggster said:

Just didnt think London Grammer were "Big Enough" to be a sub headliner for the Killers

Yeah I agree, think there’s still a good chance Kasabian get announced based on their tour dates. There’ll be loads more Friday announcements to come so I doubt we have no more big bands to come. Also some bands aren’t as big over there.

Last year had KoL, Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons and Prophets of Rage all on the Thursday main stage for example all of which were sub headliner or pretty big headliners in their own right.

Edited by DHG123
Spelling

6 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Anyone? Who is downvoting this :lol:

That downvote was ridiculous... In recent years it sold out around at the end of March / beginning of April. I expected this year to sell out quicker, with the absence of Glasto, but we'll see. They usually send out a ticket alert on the socials when they are close to selling out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Anyone? Who is downvoting this :lol:

People will downvote anything ;)

They usually sell out end of March or April (if its a sell out year) but I plan to get mine next week just in case...

If you want to stay in the Hive or Resort, get them asap as the Resort especially has limited places and sells pretty well (moreso after last year, they were top notch compared to previous years)

Honestly though...only Werchter know how many tickets are left so i would just get them as soon as you can afford the hit!

• Upvote 1

wanted to buy them for months now

first time in november: car problem (some minor costs and could have bought my ticket but decided not to buy them)
december: spend a shitload of christmas and birthday presents and my summer holliday in 2018 so had to pass again (
january: blown car tire and front lights of car broke down (glass was shattered) and had to renew them, again a pass (400€ costs)
february: again car trouble (400 a 500€ costs) but now this weekend finally gonna buy them. done waiting :)

1 hour ago, reaper said:

wanted to buy them for months now

first time in november: car problem (some minor costs and could have bought my ticket but decided not to buy them)
december: spend a shitload of christmas and birthday presents and my summer holliday in 2018 so had to pass again (
january: blown car tire and front lights of car broke down (glass was shattered) and had to renew them, again a pass (400€ costs)
february: again car trouble (400 a 500€ costs) but now this weekend finally gonna buy them. done waiting :)

I hope you will come over by train, plane or coach and NOT with your car :)

8 minutes ago, micvet said:

I hope you will come over by train, plane or coach and NOT with your car :)

by car, only 50 km drive for me ;)

and it is good solid car, just let me down these few months. had some bad luck (stone on highway hit my lights, the tyre was my own mistake, and the problems now are because of the extensive use of the car ;)

but there will be bound to go something wrong on the first day

bank cards that are swallowed by ATM machine at 3 am in the morning, broken of wheel of our caravan, and 3 times a call from work for some info on some files. wich means i have to get onto a laptop and remote access the office in the past 7 years.

Edited by reaper

11 minutes ago, me9999 said:

hi guys,

for those who plan to arrive at Thursday noon to werchter,

any reason to prefer the hive over A1?

are camping regular based on free space? if i'll get there at 13:00 do you think there will be free space or they'll send me to C3/7?

thanks

Hey!

Erm, having experienced both the Hive and A1, I can say that by 1pm Thursday you will find it easier to find a space in A1 but sometimes you can fall lucky in the Hive. Only talking from personal experience though, others may advise differently.

Edit: The main reason I say this is because of the opening times. Hive is open Wednesday where as A1 is 8am Thursday morning I believe?

Edited by Cammers

14 minutes ago, fernandomassuy said:

do they sell spirits/vodka/other distilled beverages there? want go to harder than just beer :(

what about emptying a carton of milk and filling it up with vodka? would that be too stupid?

You're allowed spirits in the campsite you've just got to put them in plastic bottles.

It's fairly easy to sneak spirits into the arena too, we'd then buy red bulls inside and pour some vodka in that.

I have been trying to avoid this forum like the plague as I didn't think I could get the time off work or afford the ticket.

Despite not being able to afford it, I have been able to wangle enough days off to make it worth going. 

Just a case of getting the cash together before the big sell out. 

Super impressed at the lineup so far, it's great across the board. 

Still praying for Biffy. They seem to be doing three European fests, just before Werchter.

Fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, arcuse said:

Metallica * Florence + The Machine * Mumford & Sons * Muse 

I betcha haha :P 

It sounds great to my ears :) I prefer this to Editors - Kings Of Leon - Red Hot Chili Peppers - _____! ;) (but I found that Editors were awesome last time) 

12 minutes ago, Aech said:

Is there really a chance of Biffy Clyro playing? Are they a lot smaller over there or will they be co-headlining? Biffy playing would make my festival.

Not played since 2014 but unless they have an album out soon, nothing new to promote.

That said, Biffy aren't that big in Belgium (usually play late afternoon) and they could well be snapped up for another tea time slot on the main stage seeing as RW hasn't heard Ellipsis yet.

Would personally love them to be there too!

Edited by Cammers

15 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Not played since 2014 but unless they have an album out soon, nothing new to promote.

That said, Biffy aren't that big in Belgium (usually play late afternoon) and they could well be snapped up for another tea time slot on the main stage seeing as RW hasn't heard Ellipsis yet.

Would personally love them to be there too!

They have two albums coming out this year, I'm hoping for a main stage afternoon slot then.

1 minute ago, Aech said:

They have two albums coming out this year, I'm hoping for a main stage afternoon slot then.

Very plausible then! ^_^

What's everyone's thoughts on Enter Shikari, The Neighbourhood, Frank Turner, The Prodigy (between Rock For People & We Are Electric), Chase & Status and maybe the Netsky B2B Jauz B2B Slushii for Klub C closer? Would also love Royal Blood but 4 times in 5 years is a major and unrealistic push!