Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

We got us some Belgians! Triggerfinger will perform at Rock Werchter on Thursday 5 July. Arsenal on Friday 6 July. Angèle comes to the festival on Saturday 7 July. Equal Idiots and - previously announced - Roméo Elvis x Le Motel will be present on Sunday 8 July. Todiefor and blackwave. have also confirmed for Rock Werchter 2018, but their performance dates still have to be set.

Just now, RUMINE said:

Fair enough to have an all Belgian announcement, however I am not familiar with anyone there unfortunately...

Can't wait for next week and possibly some bigger names to finish off the lineup :)

I think the best way to start with is Triggerfinger. You'll probably like it if rock is your kind of music.

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

It's waay to early for that. ;-)

Normally we get around 80 names (last year we got 78?). But with the Slope, we can expect another 10-20 names on top of that. So we're just halfway. 

Question is: will they mix the Slope acts through the regular announcements (and we might already have a few) or will they drop them seperately?

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Question is: will they mix the Slope acts through the regular announcements (and we might already have a few) or will they drop them seperately?

I think we've already had some. If they're preparing a separate announcement, it would've made more sense to reveal the existence of the Slope at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Do you guys think James Bay and maybe even The Script will play in the Barn? with QOTSA as headliners I'd think Alice in Chanis, At the Drive In, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Triggerfinger will all play the main stage....

fagf.JPG

god i hope so, then i dont have to miss anything good on thursday

6 hours ago, McCallion said:

Hey folks, I know this is very off topic but I hope you're cool with it as I'm a regular poster here. One time only I swear!

Outside of speculating about festivals online, I make music and I have a new song out today. If you like Nothing But Thieves, Muse, that sort of stuff, you might enjoy it.

Okay, i'll shut up now. Hoping to maybe see Marmozets, Kasabian, Courtney Barnett, Enter Shikair & Biffy at 4 today!

Like that.  Well done fella

42 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Glass Animals have announced Opener for the week before and are doing Mad Cool the week after, surely they'll make up for missing last year by appearing?

Edit: My mistake, it's actually the Saturday of the same weekend they're doing Opener

would be great - however ben howard is only making up for 2015 now and MO didnt make up for her missed appearance by playing last year so maybe not?

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been answered but have all the headliners been announced? Are we expecting any more co-headliners for the likes of Jack White/QOTSA? From what I gather, QOTSA, Jack White, AM, The Killers, Gorillaz & Nick Cave are all headliners so at least one will be a co headliner I presume? Based on Mad Cools billing could we still see Kasabian pop up under Pearl Jam? (or are Gorillaz RW's Kasabian sized equivalent in comparison to MC)

Again sorry if this has been asked before, the lack of a proper lineup poster is probably the issue here. Quite hard to get a gist of the billing without that - been reading the description of the bands on the website but still didn't find that too helpful...

In terms of subs, are we expecting many more big name/possible sub level acts to be announced? With (subjectively) big names like At The Drive In, The Vaccines, Ben Howard, and George Ezra all being pretty mid-highish line up level only recently being announced I would guess there is still room in the coming Fridays for a couple big name acts (possibly subs) just above them like Tame Impala/Childish Gambino/Franz Ferdinand/Chemical Brothers or some slightly smaller acts like Wolf Alice or Glass Animals to sub one of the coheadliner days? Apologies if any of these bands have already been announced not playing/clash with other fests.

Finally, after only ever going to R+L in the past does anyone know if 'secret sets' are commonplace in other festivals, eg. Rock Werchter? 

Sorry for the long, question filled post :/

Edited by RUMINE