Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

13 minutes ago, me9999 said:

hi guys,

do you know if there's a public transportation from werchter\leuven on sunday night after the last show?

i had to book a flight at 6 am from brussels and i wonder if there are cheaper ways than taxi from the campsite to the airport...

thanks

Busses to Leuven go on all weekend. First train in the morning from Leuven to Brussels Airport is at 5:09.

After originally planning to go to Leeds festival before the piece of shit line up was revealed, RW seems to be my next option (especially since I can grab the coach both ways which saves the hassle of flying) . The line up is actually great, second only to Mad Cool, however MC is missing Gorillaz which is a huge draw for me. 

Tame Impala and The XX and possibly Lorde (unlikely) would be my dream additions and absolutely make the lineup unmissable for me. Wolf Alice would also be great shout, seen them a lot though over the last year or so, so it would be nice to have some people I've not had the chance to catch live yet. Rex Orange County is also one of my fave artists at the min so would be wicked if he was added.

Is there any news on another announcement anytime soon? Swear I read here there was one within the next day or so but looking back I couldn't find the post :/

Just now, RUMINE said:

After originally planning to go to Leeds festival before the piece of shit line up was revealed, RW seems to be my next option (especially since I can grab the coach both ways which saves the hassle of flying) . The line up is actually great, second only to Mad Cool, however MC is missing Gorillaz which is a huge draw for me. 

Tame Impala and The XX and possibly Lorde (unlikely) would be my dream additions and absolutely make the lineup unmissable for me. Wolf Alice would also be great shout, seen them a lot though over the last year or so, so it would be nice to have some people I've not had the chance to catch live yet. Rex Orange County is also one of my fave artists at the min so would be wicked if he was added.

Is there any news on another announcement anytime soon? Swear I read here there was one within the next day or so but looking back I couldn't find the post :/

There's an announcement every Friday now at 15:00 UK time! Which normally features about 8-10 names... there's a possiblity this weeks is just going to be Belgian acts (with more intenrational/big names to follow), but we'll find out in a few hours :)

3 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Should get a batch of new names pretty much every Friday at 3pm GMT until the full lineup is released :)

7 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Should get a batch of new names pretty much every Friday at 3pm GMT until the full lineup is released :)

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

There's an announcement every Friday now at 15:00 UK time! Which normally features about 8-10 names... there's a possiblity this weeks is just going to be Belgian acts (with more intenrational/big names to follow), but we'll find out in a few hours :)

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

Should be one in a couple of hours :) 

Get in cheers guys, appreciate it!! Exciting times!

Anyone been before? is it worth taking any food at all or would it be best to just set up camp and then going to the aldi down the road (according to the website)? Will they let you back in the Hive with bags full of food? Thanks

2 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Anyone been before? is it worth taking any food at all or would it be best to just set up camp and then going to the aldi down the road (according to the website)? Will they let you back in the Hive with bags full of food? Thanks

We usually bring beers and snack foods from one of the supermarkets in Leuven on the way to the festival. The food options are pretty good at the festival, but a little bit expensive and it's always good to have some other options

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McCallion said:

Hey folks, I know this is very off topic but I hope you're cool with it as I'm a regular poster here. One time only I swear!

Outside of speculating about festivals online, I make music and I have a new song out today. If you like Nothing But Thieves, Muse, that sort of stuff, you might enjoy it.

Okay, i'll shut up now. Hoping to maybe see Marmozets, Kasabian, Courtney Barnett, Enter Shikair & Biffy at 4 today!

Omg this is amazing! Good music man! 

17 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

After originally planning to go to Leeds festival before the piece of shit line up was revealed, RW seems to be my next option

That was my plan too bud and now I'm returning to RW after 2 years out.

Fully recommend if you haven't been before, great festival and not too far from home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

YO

it's the best festival going.

we drive there, stop somewhere along the way for a day or two - makes it less of a journey! Took too much food last time - there is cooking facilities in the Hive which are very short queues even at like 9/10am - food is pricey - I managed to make/ snack so barely bought anything there besides drinks.

The security last year was mental so be expected to queue up to an hour to get in the arena - we managed to get in quicker. it gets busier as the weekend goes on so takes a little longer.

standard no glass and they really check your bags although we got in our bottles of spirits very easily.

weather has been bad last two years so be prepared. we had a massive tent (9 man) and didn't put it up right and got washed out.

1 minute ago, Radioactive said:

YO

it's the best festival going.

we drive there, stop somewhere along the way for a day or two - makes it less of a journey! Took too much food last time - there is cooking facilities in the Hive which are very short queues even at like 9/10am - food is pricey - I managed to make/ snack so barely bought anything there besides drinks.

The security last year was mental so be expected to queue up to an hour to get in the arena - we managed to get in quicker. it gets busier as the weekend goes on so takes a little longer.

standard no glass and they really check your bags although we got in our bottles of spirits very easily.

weather has been bad last two years so be prepared. we had a massive tent (9 man) and didn't put it up right and got washed out.

Cheers for the advice, not really in a position to drive and the coach sounds ideal as I guess it drops you off at the gate.

The Hive sounds pretty mint, showers, flushing toilets, cooking facilities!! R+L camping is nowhere close to that. Heard the food/drink can be pricey so trying to divvy up just how much I should bring to try and save some ££. I always thought Belgium had quite good weather so thanks for the heads up. Curious how you got your spirits in, just water bottles hidden in clothes yeah?

2 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Cheers for the advice, not really in a position to drive and the coach sounds ideal as I guess it drops you off at the gate.

The Hive sounds pretty mint, showers, flushing toilets, cooking facilities!! R+L camping is nowhere close to that. Heard the food/drink can be pricey so trying to divvy up just how much I should bring to try and save some ££. I always thought Belgium had quite good weather so thanks for the heads up. Curious how you got your spirits in, just water bottles hidden in clothes yeah?

I've been 3 years now, one year was sweltering, one was average and one was total wash out! Haha! Be prepared for anything.

Last year I took a metal camping flask with a bottle of whiskey in which they were totally fine with. I also managed to get a small bottle in my wellie once!

5 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

the showers are so nice and clean - the flushing toilets are great too. Just  a much better way of doing things for sure. Same as @McCalliononce you go there you just see uk festivals as grimey.

I was referring to the camp site. but sneaking into the arena isn't difficult you do get a pat down but they are more concerned about glass - 1 year my mate snuck in bottles of bud and were drinking in the crowd and these dude spotted us and chased us so yeah just take plastic in and you'll be fine.