Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Think big, think Oasis reunion :-)

I know Kenrick Lamar is more likely to play at Pukkelpop in August, but as he's playing in Antwerp in three weeks, maybe they're waiting for that moment to launch the news. A friday as Snow Patrol - Killers - Kendrick, would be possible if you ask me.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, fillou said:

Think big, think Oasis reunion :-)

I know Kenrick Lamar is more likely to play at Pukkelpop in August, but as he's playing in Antwerp in three weeks, maybe they're waiting for that moment to launch the news. A friday as Snow Patrol - Killers - Kendrick, would be possible if you ask me.

Is there any interest in Oasis today? They played in 2009 and I can't say that I was too impressed!

About the possible Snow Patrol - The Killers - Kendrick Lamar night....I can't name one song by Kendrick and only one by Snow Patrol....I think it would be an early trip to the Oude Markt in Leuven for me that night :)

Edited by Gossard
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Is there any interest in Oasis today? They played in 2009 and I can't say that I was too impressed!

About the Snow Patrol - The Killers - Kendrick Lamar night....I can't name one song by Kendrick and only one by Snow Patrol....I think it would be an early trip to the Oude Markt in Leuven for me that night :)

An Oasis reunion would be HUGE but it won't happen this summer.

You should have a look at Kendrick, he is such a massive talent and his live show is one of the best.
HIGHLY recommend checking this out https://streamable.com/tm1p
His latest Grammy's show was pretty amazing as well

Edited by McCallion

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

You should have a look at Kendrick, he is such a massive talent and his live show is one of the best.

Huge for who? I wouldn't be bothered and I can't see they'd be a big hit here in Iceland. I think it would be huge for the people in the UK, but I'm not too sure about the rest of the world.....

I remember Kendrick at RW in 2013(I think), it's not for me. I simply don't like this type of music....

6 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I knew it's a performance from Colbert's show when I saw streamble :D One of my favorite live clips of all time 

Just now, Gossard said:

Huge for who? I wouldn't be bothered and I can't see they'd be a big hit here in Iceland. I think it would be huge for the people in the UK, but I'm not too sure about the rest of the world.....

I remember Kendrick at RW in 2013(I think), it's not for me. I simply don't like this type of music....

Pretty much the rest of Europe I'd say. There's a huge appetite for it in the circles i move in in the Netherlands anyway. Just look at how quickly Liam sold out his European tour

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Wow, really? Then I guess it would be huge for the whole world, except Iceland... ;-)

No use discussing it though, won't happen.

14 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Pretty much the rest of Europe I'd say. There's a huge appetite for it in the circles i move in in the Netherlands anyway. Just look at how quickly Liam sold out his European tour

I second that! Of course Oasis were not a technically brilliant band but it's quite a good feeling to have a sing along at Werchter with all their anthems. 

But I' d be happy with either of the Gallagher brothers since they both play a fair amount of Oasis songs in their respective sets:)

Edited by ParanoidTourist
  • Upvote 1