Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

53 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

Muse are in Lisbon 23rd June 2018: http://muse.mu/tour-dates.htm

Would they not be a serious contender for Friday at RW?

Did they just announce this? Because if they announced this some weeks ago, the question still stands, why haven't RW announced them yet if they are our fourth headliner. If Muse just announced this festival, then I'd say there is a chance we'll get them tomorrow....

1 hour ago, IdleWild78 said:

Muse are in Lisbon 23rd June 2018: http://muse.mu/tour-dates.htm

Would they not be a serious contender for Friday at RW?

9 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Did they just announce this? Because if they announced this some weeks ago, the question still stands, why haven't RW announced them yet if they are our fourth headliner. If Muse just announced this festival, then I'd say there is a chance we'll get them tomorrow....

They announced this Rock in Rio Lisbon show weeks ago.  The question still stands... And in the case they were the final headliner, i think they would announce them alone, not with a batch of other names (just like they did with Mccartney in 2016).

Just now, GerryL said:

They announced this Rock in Rio Lisbon show weeks ago.  The question still stands... And in the case they were the final headliner, i think they would announce them alone, not with a batch of other names (just like they did with Mccartney in 2016).

Think it might even have been late November 

10 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

My guess is that they don't want them again without new album as they played there in 2015. They didn't do Rock in Rio Lisbon and RaR/RiP during Drones tour 

It makes sense... Also Matt Bellamy said in an interview that their plan is to release singles instead of an album for now, so maybe we'll have to wait a year or two. Or maybe these singles are enough for Werchter to book them...

27 minutes ago, GerryL said:

It makes sense... Also Matt Bellamy said in an interview that their plan is to release singles instead of an album for now, so maybe we'll have to wait a year or two. Or maybe these singles are enough for Werchter to book them...

Does it make a difference if they release anything? If Muse want to headline werchter they will...

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Thing is, if it was then surely Nick Cave would be subbing them rather than Arctic Monkeys? The Killers subbed by London Grammar on Friday when they've got Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave and NIN on the Sunday makes no sense to me. For ages I thought it was gonna be AM on Friday and The Killers joining Nick Cave on Sunday and that being everything, but now I feel like there must be someone else to come along with The Killers.

Most likely it's just that Nick Cave is booked for some other festival on the Friday, but hasn't been announced yet. Roskilde is missing a Friday headliner.

43 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, we already have our irrelevant 'do these guys still exist?' UK band from 2007 and it's The Kooks. ;)

To be honest if you listen to the last releases of The Kooks they've changed a bit and their sound evolved and matured. Not my favourite band but you can't compare their new songs with 'Naive' they're actually solid songs with a numerous of influences going from pop to rock to soul and funk!