Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

22 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

I always thought it has something to do with the acts - in the past they  mostly fit into the label "classic rock". ;-)

Historically, there were two festivals linked, like so many today, Torhout and Werchter. So the TW Classic is kind of a tribute to that. 

12 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

So that's Editors not taking a high slot at RW, and wasn't this the other Werchter festival the Rolling Stones rumours could've been about? :rolleyes:

Shame about The National, but they were all but ruled out anyway.

Just saw Neil posted about the Rolling Stones possibly playing Manchester. I would have thought a Stadium setup cant be far off a festival set up 

Rock Werchter are obviously waiting for a band to announce as our Friday headliner. What bands do we think are in the mix?

Muse? (would probably be announced by now as they're already announced for other festivals)
Green Day?
The Rolling Stones?
Metallica? (is the cancellation rumors not true?)
The Killers (could it be that RW sees them as headliner sized band?)
Tool (wishful thinking maybe but APC are only touring until July 1st and Tool are releasing a new album this year)
Others??

40 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Just saw Neil posted about the Rolling Stones possibly playing Manchester. I would have thought a Stadium setup cant be far off a festival set up 

I don't know how likely it is, but I'm hoping if I mention it enough times it'll end up happening :lol:

4 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Well if they get McCartney I think it could be possible with the Stones. They played Glastonbury a few years back. I'd prefer them instead of the Killers et al. 

Is there any major festival that still missing a headliner? Otherwise I dont see it happening. McCartney was booked with Pinkpop as both were working together to solve PJ cancelation. 

55 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Is there any major festival that still missing a headliner? Otherwise I dont see it happening. McCartney was booked with Pinkpop as both were working together to solve PJ cancelation. 

Ah ok didn't know that. I don't know of any missing headliner either. I hold out to my slim hope then;)

58 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

FIB is still missing one headliner and the rumours are that it's going to be Jamiroquai.

I think Sziget is missing a headliner too...

4 minutes ago, GerryL said:

FIB is still missing one headliner and the rumours are that it's going to be Jamiroquai.

I think Sziget is missing a headliner too...

Sziget is missing 3 headliners, and chances are that 1 big headliner is still missing (usually 2-4 are big, like fitting as headliner in Werchter or Glastonbury)

54 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

It's just going to be the Killers guys. Don't get your hopes up...

Thing is, if it was then surely Nick Cave would be subbing them rather than Arctic Monkeys? The Killers subbed by London Grammar on Friday when they've got Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave and NIN on the Sunday makes no sense to me. For ages I thought it was gonna be AM on Friday and The Killers joining Nick Cave on Sunday and that being everything, but now I feel like there must be someone else to come along with The Killers.

Just struggling to see who else there could be. Was thinking Florence and the Machine but why not announce her already? The few shows she's doing this Summer are supposed to be a pre-album tour so it's not as though they can really wait for her to announce a details of her comeback or anything because she may not even do so before Summer.

Muse are apparently releasing a new single next Thursday. Maybe waiting until then to announce them seeing as all they've done since they last headlined is release Dig Down last year? Then again they seem one of the most likely candidates for the remaining TRNSMT headliner on the same day.

Really I have no fucking clue who it could be.

• Upvote 1