Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

18 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Would absolutely love for Ben Howard to show up, would be incredible in the barn

There's a good chance for him to show up especially since he cancelled last time in 2015 due to illness. He was supposed to play on the main stage though.

26 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

There's a good chance for him to show up especially since he cancelled last time in 2015 due to illness. He was supposed to play on the main stage though.

Seen him both inside and outside and given the tone of his more recent stuff I think he'd be much much better in the Barn. 

59 minutes ago, VIrgile2b said:

Never posted here, but a regular viewer since the first time I went to RW, six years ago, I keep thinking about something: 

Is it just nonsense hoping for Manic Street Preachers this year? 

They just annonced a festival in July (in UK, but still...)

Well, they do play festivals but I'm not so sure about them playing Werchter. Don't think they have ever played at the festival. I would love them to though:) 

38 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Well, they do play festivals but I'm not so sure about them playing Werchter. Don't think they have ever played at the festival. I would love them to though:) 

They were in the line up back in 1999 but they canceled their show very last minute. (Maybe that's why they never stood there again?) As a teenager it was one of the bands on my list that year. Since then I saw them twice, last time in Brussels in 2016, and they were absolutely great. So i'm still hope they ever play RW again (just like Smashing Pumpkins, Live and Moby). I'm getting nostalgic :)

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, micvet said:

They were in the line up back in 1999 but they canceled their show very last minute. (Maybe that's why they never stood there again?) As a teenager it was one of the bands on my list that year. Since then I saw them twice, last time in Brussels in 2016, and they were absolutely great. So i'm still hope they ever play RW again (just like Smashing Pumpkins, Live and Moby). I'm getting nostalgic :)

I'm with you on Smashing Pumpkins, Live and Moby...throw in Alice in Chains too and the nostalgia is complete :P 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gossard said:

I'm with you on Smashing Pumpkins, Live and Moby...throw in Alice in Chains too and the nostalgia is complete :P 

Well, Live are playing Bosspop in Holland a week after RW. Manics are great live, saw them last year at Mad Cool.

10 hours ago, micvet said:

I would love to see them as well. I'd have a very nostalgic sing along with the older songs;)