Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

I've said it before, I still think (hope) Tool is one of our two missing headliners. Maynard has concerts with A Perfect Circle up until July 1st. After that, I want to believe that we'll se a Tool European tour and that RW is one of their stops.... :D 
https://www.alternativenation.net/maynard-james-keenan-hard-work-tool-band-reveals-done/ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

According to Wretzky, the band is planning to launch a summer tour featuring frontman Billy Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, original drummer Jimmy Chamberlain and, now a to-be-determined bassist, beginning in July.
https://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-members-appears-to-be-out-reunion-supposed-to-join-them/ 

27 minutes ago, Gossard said:

According to Wretzky, the band is planning to launch a summer tour featuring frontman Billy Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, original drummer Jimmy Chamberlain and, now a to-be-determined bassist, beginning in July.
https://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-members-appears-to-be-out-reunion-supposed-to-join-them/ 

Awesome news! I'd imagine they'd start the tour in the US, but who knows.

Are SP headliner material in 2018 or would they sub do we think?

• Upvote 1

Just now, gregory said:

Awesome news! I'd imagine they'd start the tour in the US, but who knows.

Are SP headliner material in 2018 or would they sub do we think?

James Iha will be in Europe on July 1st with A Perfect Circle, but who knows what will happen after that. I have no idea where they would be placed, around lunch time I'd guess......

8 minutes ago, Gossard said:

James Iha will be in Europe on July 1st with A Perfect Circle, but who knows what will happen after that. I have no idea where they would be placed, around lunch time I'd guess......

So APC finish on July 1st, then Smashing Pumpkins and Tool have 2 days rehearsals, and then both bands play Werchter and Open'er. Sounds good to me. 

EDIT: Just made myself laugh aloud at the idea of Tool subbing for Bruno Mars at Open'er. Though Prophets of Rage did sub for The Weeknd last year so you never know lol...

Edited by gregory
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, gregory said:

So APC finish on July 1st, then Smashing Pumpkins and Tool have 2 days rehearsals, and then both bands play Werchter and Open'er. Sounds good to me. 

EDIT: Just made myself laugh aloud at the idea of Tool subbing for Bruno Mars at Open'er. Though Prophets of Rage did sub for The Weeknd last year so you never know lol...

Gregory....today is a great day! You just made it to neutrality in terms of up n down votes after being trolled...it was my pleasure to get you he last one  :P

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gossard said:

Looks like it'll probably be US, so Riot Fest is looking more likely. Shame about D'arcy, though judging by the picture she doesn't look well enough to tour anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Looks like it'll probably be US, so Riot Fest is looking more likely. Shame about D'arcy, though judging by the picture she doesn't look well enough to tour anyway. 

Riot Fest or Lollapalooza I suppose - both have the hometown connection but Lolla probably have more money to part with, if they want it. 

Maybe a bit callous to judge on a picture that D’Arcy isn’t capable of joining the band but I guess there must be a reason they haven’t gone for the full reunion - seems weird to half-attempt it. I wonder if they’ll approach Auf der Maur or just switch on the woman bassist conveyor belt again.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Riot Fest or Lollapalooza I suppose - both have the hometown connection but Lolla probably have more money to part with, if they want it. 

Maybe a bit callous to judge on a picture that D’Arcy isn’t capable of joining the band but I guess there must be a reason they haven’t gone for the full reunion - seems weird to half-attempt it. I wonder if they’ll approach Auf der Maur or just switch on the woman bassist conveyor belt again.

Lolla has become like Reading, Riot Fest is more of their audience. Yes probably not good to speculate on a photo, but she has had her problems recently. I wonder if Jeff can play the bass? 

Thoughts about Mumford and Sons ? They're just announced at Sziget (even if they don't share a lot of names per year with RW), and Pukkelpop is not probable cause they played there last year... Maybe that would explain the wait (Arctics + Mumford and Sons) ? 

37 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Thoughts about Mumford and Sons ? They're just announced at Sziget (even if they don't share a lot of names per year with RW), and Pukkelpop is not probable cause they played there last year... Maybe that would explain the wait (Arctics + Mumford and Sons) ? 

TW classic co-headlining with Editors maybe? They surely wont play the same day with AM.