Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Lineup pretty average so far for my tastes. 

The headliners are pretty weak I think. Not that QOTSA, PJ, Gorillaz or Nick Cave are not quality acts, it's just QOTSA have never headlined, nor has Nick Cave, and Gorillaz is more like a party act imo, so that leaves just PJ as the only huge headliner. Arctic Monkeys are pretty big also but for RW standards I'd stll think that's too week with only PJ and AM. Muse on Sunday could rescue the headliners, but I can't see Muse co-headline with Nick Cave. It has nothing to do with these bands not being good enough. But compared to previous years, I still feel like we're missing at least two huge names.

When AM and PJ played in 2014 we also had Metallica and King of Leon as headliners....

12 minutes ago, Gossard said:

When AM and PJ played in 2014 we also had Metallica and King of Leon as headliners....

Yet we moaned about having AM and KoL headlining by themselves with their small subs, Franz Ferdinand and Paolo Nutini,  and then about the dance acts after them :P

Edited by e2p2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuggster said:

The line up looks considerably weaker than the last couple of years baring a big hitter coming in somewhere

As they have shown recently I expect Werchter to book the biggest bands around and available at the time.

Anyways weaker headliners and a very good undercard night not be such a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tuggster said:

The line up looks considerably weaker than the last couple of years baring a big hitter coming in somewhere

I've still got confidence. We only have 6 acts out of 78 and are still missing a Friday headliner and some heavy hitters. Give it time :)

19 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Bit of a tangent, but those who have stayed in The Hive Resort before, is it worth the extra money? Also what are the queues like to get in on the Wednesday? I'll pay 12 grand just to not have to stand in that Hive queue! haha

I stayed in hive resort last year. It's pretty cozy and calm.go for it if you want thst extra comfort. I'm staying in hive this time with all other friends. 

Just now, Apocalyptica said:

I stayed in hive resort last year. It's pretty cozy and calm.go for it if you want thst extra comfort. I'm staying in hive this time with all other friends. 

Yeah, I'll probably end up in the Hive as well. There's 8 of us so considering an army tent, but those prices are pretty steep!

35 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Bit of a tangent, but those who have stayed in The Hive Resort before, is it worth the extra money? Also what are the queues like to get in on the Wednesday? I'll pay 12 grand just to not have to stand in that Hive queue! haha

Absolutely yes.

We arrived on Wednesday night and we didn't find any queue.