Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

19 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

I liked their RW appearances a lot so far. But playing TW Classic is wondering me a bit tbh.

I did too, but every RW regular got the chance to see them co-headlining in 4 out of 6 past editions. In the off-RW years they've played in PKP. 

8 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they're subs. Sold out one of Belgium's biggest arena's twice last December, only a few months after subbing at Pukkelpop.

If London Grammar are subbing that Friday, and Arctic Monkeys headlining, that will be a good night in Leuven for me :P 

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they're subs. Sold out one of Belgium's biggest arena's twice last December, only a few months after subbing at Pukkelpop.

Although I didnt go last year, the overall opinion here on Alt-j and James Blake as subs in daylight were pretty negative. I cant compare the appeal of those vs. London Grammar in Belgium because I have no information but I think that being on that stage in daylight with their kind of music with many Arctic Monkeys or Jack White fans wont benefit them. They seem to me perfect for the Barn. 

At least we're back up and running again! Last year once the announcements started again in January they were every week without fail until the full poster was out so hopefully the same again!

I can't help but think they could've been announced weeks ago though... but maybe this means we'll be getting another one Friday, possibly a name they couldn't announce today... Jack Whites meant to be announced for Mad Cool tomorrow  :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

At least we're back up and running again! Last year once the announcements started again in January they were every week without fail until the full poster was out so hopefully the same again!

I can't help but think they could've been announced weeks ago though... but maybe this means we'll be getting another one Friday, possibly a name they couldn't announce today... Jack Whites meant to be announced for Mad Cool tomorrow  :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same. Very bizarre that we couldn't have had a Friday name before Christmas. And yep, hopefully the floodgates are now open :)

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Although I didnt go last year, the overall opinion here on Alt-j and James Blake as subs in daylight were pretty negative. I cant compare the appeal of those vs. London Grammar in Belgium because I have no information but I think that being on that stage in daylight with their kind of music with many Arctic Monkeys or Jack White fans wont benefit them. They seem to me perfect for the Barn. 

I took a nap during last year's Alt-J set(and I sat near the GC in a crowd) and skipped James Blake to see The Pretenders :) alt-J are dull as hell (IMO of course :P)

15 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

They were scheduled to be announced on December 8, that date was still above the news item on the RW website this morning (for a short while). No idea what went wrong...

Not sure of that would be of an influence, but in early december front woman Hannah Reid was ill (a rather persistent tonsilitis). So maybe they didn't want to announce new dates while they had to cancel some gigs. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

James Blake was absolutley Dire last year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Tuggster said:

James Blake was absolutley Dire last year

Tempted to agree, but had he been on in The Barn and I'd been in  a different mood, it might have been another story. I was amazed how poor Alt-J were last year, had to restart 3 songs because they got it wrong if memory serves, and this was all to a crowd of Foo Fighter fans! The worst scheduling ever!

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

Tempted to agree, but had he been on in The Barn and I'd been in  a different mood, it might have been another story. I was amazed how poor Alt-J were last year, had to restart 3 songs because they got it wrong if memory serves, and this was all to a crowd of Foo Fighter fans! The worst scheduling ever!

I cant remember Alt J that seems like a good thing, think I was just excited to see the Foo's as I hadnt seen them before, RW this year is my secondary festival, I am more looking forward to Graspop anyway lol

The largest problem that Werchter have this year is that many people are looking for that "ONE" European festival to go to. I know its not always the case and many people travel to lots of festivals but Mad Cool has sold out, at the same time Werchter have announced 5 bands. 

I wanted to go to Werchter,  I love the festival, i love the people and i love the set up but i can only afford to do one festival and all of my mates decided to go to Mad Cool, i had a choice, go with them or go on my own to Werchter. I had no option but to choose my friends. 

I know Werchter is a great festival but to only have announced 5 bands whilst other festivals have sold out might not exactly be commercial suicide, it's not the brightest move I've seen.

It will still be a great festival and i wish everyone the best who goes, stay cool and have fun :rofl: