Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

7 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

i don't get why they would hold the undercard announcement if they cannot announce headliners yet.

If a headliner gets announced for a certain date first then more attention will go to that headliner whereas if a headliner gets announced after already some undercard bands. It'll just be like "oh and this band joins those bands on Friday". Also certain bands ask to be announced first, for example Paul McCartney didn't ask for that, that's why we had to "wait" so long for that headliner in 2016.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, arcuse said:

If a headliner gets announced for a certain date first then more attention will go to that headliner whereas if a headliner gets announced after already some undercard bands. It'll just be like "oh and this band joins those bands on Friday". Also certain bands ask to be announced first, for example Paul McCartney didn't ask for that, that's why we had to "wait" so long for that headliner in 2016.

No, Paul Mc Cartney replaced Pearl Jam after they cancelled their european tour.

Arcade Fire remplaced PJ at NOS Alive and Bilbao BBK.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

Yep, I know that.. Though he was booked a long time before they announced him and that was my point. 

Oh okay sorry :)

So what would be the reason to wait?

Announcing McCartney earlier wouldn't help their sales? Even if he doesn't care?

Went to Werchter last year and had an absolute blast, now looks like I'm going to be headed there again in 2018. I've made a 'prediction', but I want to preface it by saying that I have absolutely no idea (as you can probably tell) about positioning in Belgium, and have only come up with about 11 for each day. The vast majority of these are names that I recognise that are playing European festivals late June, early July. Will be interesting too see how far off I am lol. The dates are wrong as it's last year's template.

KINGS OF LEON (1).png

Apologies for the Gorillaz misspelling.

Edited by frontsidecab
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Went to Werchter last year and had an absolute blast, now looks like I'm going to be headed there again in 2018. I've made a 'prediction', but I want to preface it by saying that I have absolutely no idea (as you can probably tell) about positioning in Belgium, and have only come up with about 11 for each day. The vast majority of these are names that I recognise that are playing European festivals late June, early July. Will be interesting too see how far off I am lol. The dates are wrong as it's last year's template.

KINGS OF LEON (1).png

This would be rather weak line up for RW standards I think....but I love you included Greta van Fleet :)

• Downvote 5

8 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

KINGS OF LEON (1).png

That's shit, Sunday is balls and for me personally Friday as I'd still watch more Sunday probably. For a start FATM isn't going to be below headliners....especially those two who to be honest make it look week anyway.

Dates are wrong?? Massive Attack and Tyler, The Creator (and pretty much ODESZA aswell I think) are ruled out. Florence + The Machine will be back in 2019 I reckon, not this year already. AM and Kendrick would co-headline. There's to many things wrong with this one imo, sorry :P 

18 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Dates are wrong?? Massive Attack and Tyler, The Creator (and pretty much ODESZA aswell I think) are ruled out. Florence + The Machine will be back in 2019 I reckon, not this year already. AM and Kendrick would co-headline. There's to many things wrong with this one imo, sorry :P 

Yeah I know, I said this was last year template.

Wasn't a serious prediction just a collection of bands who are playing nearby at the time, I know it will be stronger than that.

Who do you guys think will be filling out the higher positions on the line up then? 

Edited by frontsidecab

If anyones booking the EuroStar for this we've just booked ours, in November you could only book upto February so we thought we'd be waiting until March, but you can book up to the week after Rock Werchter now. Just paid £78 return Wed-Mon and it says there's only a few seats available on certain journeys before the prices go up!

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 2

Do you guys think the original Smashing Pumpkins will tour this summer? James Iha is of course touring with A Perfect Circle but their last announced concert is July 1st in Italy. Could Smashing Pumpkins and even Tool start a European tour after that? How great would it be to have Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age, Tool and Smashing Pumpkins all at RW :D 

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

Do you guys think the original Smashing Pumpkins will tour this summer? James Iha is of course touring with A Perfect Circle but their last announced concert is July 1st in Italy. Could Smashing Pumpkins and even Tool start a European tour after that? How great would it be to have Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age, Tool and Smashing Pumpkins all at RW :D 

No. I think that reunión will take place in 2019. Imposible for 2018 imo.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:56 PM, alexlloyd said:

If anyones booking the EuroStar for this we've just booked ours, in November you could only book upto February so we thought we'd be waiting until March, but you can book up to the week after Rock Werchter now. Just paid £78 return Wed-Mon and it says there's only a few seats available on certain journeys before the prices go up!

Hey, big thanks for this! Booked. I need too