Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I think maybe someone just jumped the gun and put the video up early. If it is fake, it's the best fake I've seen

still doesn't make sense for why they'd give away clues to a number of europe festivals all simultaneously, while completely ignoring the UK. Surely they'd include UK stuff in it too?

As for the quality, there's some people with skills and who make the effort and there's some who don't - as demonstrated by thousands of Reading/Leeds posters over the years.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

still doesn't make sense for why they'd give away clues to a number of europe festivals all simultaneously, while completely ignoring the UK. Surely they'd include UK stuff in it too?

As for the quality, there's some people with skills and who make the effort and there's some who don't - as demonstrated by thousands of Reading/Leeds posters over the years.

Haha, used to love me a good fake Leeds poster! We'll see tomorrow anyway, there were London co-ordinates for tomorrow and both Werchter & Mad Cool seemed primed for an announcement. Should pretty clear pretty fast if it was a hoax. Even if the video's fake, I think we'll be seeing Arctic Monkeys over the summer!

8 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Even if the video's fake, I think we'll be seeing Arctic Monkeys over the summer!

oh, undoubtedly. You never know, it might turn out that all of the dates in the vid are right too, it's not like it would be impossible to guess the right festivals for them.

It's nice of whoever did the vid to give tomorrow's date, as it means it gets indisputably proven one way or another quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Who would go to this length to make this cryptic video and everything. I think that the video is true and they were meant to go live tomorrow but went live anyways and had to delete the video or something 

or did it on purpose to create an artificial buzz before the actual announcement

5 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Who would go to this length to make this cryptic video and everything.

someone with too much time on their hands, same as make the hundreds of fake posters which go round each year?

And it's hardly 'cryptic' either, it's a total give-away. 

As marketing I'm not sure what it's managing, either.

13 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Who would go to this length to make this cryptic video and everything. I think that the video is true and they were meant to go live tomorrow but went live anyways and had to delete the video or something 

Surely would have been scheduled to go live before the Firefly announcement, though?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

oh, undoubtedly. You never know, it might turn out that all of the dates in the vid are right too, it's not like it would be impossible to guess the right festivals for them.

It's nice of whoever did the vid to give tomorrow's date, as it means it gets indisputably proven one way or another quickly. 

I know some rumours are mostly just that, rumours. But I think since November it's been pretty much the worst kept festival announcements of 2018 that arctics will be at trnsmt, werchter, nos alive and mad cool right? Or have we all just fallen under a trap of living the dream haha

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

I know some rumours are mostly just that, rumours. But I think since November it's been pretty much the worst kept festival announcements of 2018 that arctics will be at trnsmt, werchter, nos alive and mad cool right? Or have we all just fallen under a trap of living the dream haha

if it's the worst kept secret for all of that, why wasn't TRNSMT included in the vid? :P

I think people are believing what they want to believe, and how close to what's going to happen that is, who knows? False rumours grow legs of their own.

Having said that, it's an easy guess that AMs will be doing one or more or those festivals, cos realistically where else could they play? 

Whether all the festies that are being said for them happen might be another thing. 

I think we're all just waiting patiently to be assured Arctic Monkeys will be in the lineup. I don't know if it's been discussed, but Alex Turner is also good friends with Josh Homme from QotSA, and even guested on QotSA's album before last. That doesn't really impact the money men and contracts and stuff, but it certainly can't hurt.

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I was reading in the Mad Cool forum that their headliner announcement that was due today has been pushed back a week. 

Maybe we can expect the same :/

Either way, we'll see at 4pm :)

It looks as though that was a decision by Mad Cool rather than a request of an artist, their CM said they didn't want to increase the price/sell out and then announce acts the same week.

The general consensus was if it was going to be one of the two missing headliners it wasn't going to be Arctic Monkeys anyway, so it might not affect a Rock Werchter announcement. Considering they said MID January today might fall into that category, but if not you'd imagine we can pretty much guarantee news next week:D

Edited by alexlloyd