Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

In 2009 we stayed in Mechelen and finding a taxi each night was a real horror. Plus it's expansive as hell. You're much better off getting a hotel in Leuven close to the train station....or stay in the Hive or the Rockvillage:) http://rockvillage.be/en/ 

How have I never come across Rockvillage before?! Looks super nice

Ibis Budget Hotel Leuven is a hotel that's next to the trainstation, like literally their walls are touching each other! But that might be fully booked already, no idea!

I'm glad I live a walking distance from Leuven trainstation! (can even go with my bike to the festival)

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

I know names are unlikely today (mid-Jan for next announcement) but all aboard the hype train just in case!

The Mad Cool CM has been on the forum he's been giving info on again this Morning, next announcement is Friday 12th (though obviously didnt say it was AM). Assuming they both have Arctics, I'd have thought they'll be announced for them both and any others together, so I think Friday 12th  should hopefully see the next announcemen for RW... and if Arctics aren't the Mad Cool announcement Friday (could be their other missing headliner) then W/C 15th Jan.

9 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

The Mad Cool CM has been on the forum he's been giving info on again this Morning, next announcement is Friday 12th (though obviously didnt say it was AM). Assuming they both have Arctics, I'd have thought they'll be announced for them both and any others together, so I think Friday 12th  should hopefully see the next announcemen for RW... and if Arctics aren't the Mad Cool announcement Friday (could be their other missing headliner) then W/C 15th Jan.

Fantastic. Need to get some momentum going with this lineup now!

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Fantastic. Need to get some momentum going with this lineup now!

Yeah I'm hoping once they get started again it follows last years routine of being every Friday until the line ups completed with the odd Wednesday too.

If the next announcement is Arctics I still don't really see why we couldnt have had some other names in the last month. The only thing I can think is if it's potentially Arctics, Killers (who haven't/hadn't sold out their Belgian show) and someone who hasn't announce any dates yet, Rolling Stones or U2 would make the wait worthwhile but Jack White could be a more realistic option for someone they had to wait for.

I've every faith in it being a fantastic line up, we're already booking tickets this month:D

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Thoughts on Eminem? We still don't seem to have a big "pop" headliner?

As far as hip hop headliners ho, I'd rather have Kendrick Lamar. He has had put out much better music in the last five years. 

Plus: Lamar puts on a better show nowadays. Eminem is actually quite disappointing in a live setting. 

1 minute ago, matrainertje said:

As far as hip hop headliners ho, I'd rather have Kendrick Lamar. He has had put out much better music in the last five years. 

Plus: Lamar puts on a better show nowadays. Eminem is actually quite disappointing in a live setting. 

Yeah, I'd prefer Kendrick as well. Just doesn't seem to be announcing too many festivals. Would be a great surprise though!

RW seem to be leaving it late with announcements this year.  There seems to be a fair buzz about Mad Cool and NOS has sold out 3 day tickets.  International festival goers may choose alternative if RW don't start announcing soon.

I don't think we have to worry about the lineup though. Expecting it to very much top the NOS Alive one and at the least coming close to the Mad Cool one (for the big names). We know that Arctic Monkeys and Jack White (2 obvious additions) are holding back announcements so far, and tour dates for some other big shots (i.e. Snow Patrol, NIN and Tame Impala) have been scarce as well. On top of that The Killers still have that arena show coming up. January could become an interesting month.

Some credible people on other forums are claiming that Editors are topping TW Classic (tba this week). Live Nation has placed the festival darling (and replacement nr 1 if a headliner falls through) at a different event, meaning that RW is all set for more interesting headliners. 

49 minutes ago, Red Day said:

RW seem to be leaving it late with announcements this year.  There seems to be a fair buzz about Mad Cool and NOS has sold out 3 day tickets.  International festival goers may choose alternative if RW don't start announcing soon.

Yep, once Pearl Jam were announced for both I was gonna wait and see which ended up having a better lineup (mainly because I knew Nick Cave wasn't gonna be at Mad Cool), but with them announcing so much good stuff and Werchter announcing pretty much nothing we ended up just getting Mad Cool tickets and it looks like it's close to selling out.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep, once Pearl Jam were announced for both I was gonna wait and see which ended up having a better lineup (mainly because I knew Nick Cave wasn't gonna be at Mad Cool), but with them announcing so much good stuff and Werchter announcing pretty much nothing we ended up just getting Mad Cool tickets and it looks like it's close to selling out.

That’s what i was thinking. Mad Cool has a brilliant line up and I’d have given it a go if I hadn’t booked NOS. 

36 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That’s what i was thinking. Mad Cool has a brilliant line up and I’d have given it a go if I hadn’t booked NOS. 

Nos tickets has a very high demand, you can sell them easily if you want and get Mad Cool tickets instead while they're still on sale.

10 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Nos tickets has a very high demand, you can sell them easily if you want and get Mad Cool tickets instead while they're still on sale.

Flights and airbnb booked for Lisbon and I’m happy with NOS line up so far. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

I didnt know that:). NOS lineup is very good and any festival with Pearl Jam AND The National is gonna be an excellent one!

Although, they’ve announced the Kooks. That’s drops it down from excellent :D

• Upvote 1

Some artists come frequently to Rock Werchter like Editors, Royal Blood etc. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats came the last two years, and I wish they'll do it again and again, I can't stop playing their new tune !

All the pieces falling into place! http://www.nme.com/news/music/arctic-monkeys-first-2018-tour-date-announced-theyre-teasing-2218077 

"Fans on Reddit have since speculated that the video shows dates and co-ordinates. If true, it looks like the band will be playing Mad Cool Festival, Primavera Sound and Rock Werchter among others – with something rumoured to be happening in London tomorrow night."