Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

So I'm thinking there's a big act that won't confirm until the new year. There's a fair few major fests that seem to be putting off a headline anouncenment this year in a similar vain to RW (Mad Cool, InMusic, Primavera) Arctics being sneaky maybe? Eminem?

Edited by McCallion

59 minutes ago, McCallion said:

So I'm thinking there's a big act that won't confirm until the new year. There's a fair few major fests that seem to be putting off a headline anouncenment this year in a similar vain to RW (Mad Cool, InMusic, Primavera) Arctics being sneaky maybe? Eminem?

Why not announce Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, Deftones, The Killers and all those bands we know are around....?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think Arctics are going to be there, but like @Gossard says it doesn't explain the sudden stop in announcements. If Mad Cool/NOS have them as well it explains their missing headliner but they've both been announcing various levels of the undercard almost every other day... Mad Cool already has 40-50% of its line up. 

The only thing I can think is they want all the headliners out first like last year, and for whatever reason the others can't be announced yet. Arctics would be self explanatory, Killers if they haven't sold their Belgian date out... potentially someone left field who aren't doing any dates yet and need to announce something themselves first (U2, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac?..) 

OR they just wanted to give us a taster and then keep us talking about it for another month, but I prefer the first option :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

Hey, all! I've just bought a ticket with camping to Rock Werchter... and I've never been to Europe before (I'm from the USA). I think I'll be coming from London, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the quick/easy/cheapest way to get from London to Werchter? Should I seek out Londoners coming into town for the festival, or just hop a boat and train like a normal person?

Since I'm camping, I'm planning on buying a cheap tent and sleeping bag and then gifting it to someone at the end of the festival. I imagine I can order the stuff from Amazon and pick it up at a delivery locker or something in London, yeah?

Finally... I have no problem festing by myself, but it would be great to make friends who are interested in seeing QotSA, Pearl Jam, etc. I'm friendly! That's all, thanks. :) (Also going to Madrid for Mad Cool a week later!)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Hey, all! I've just bought a ticket with camping to Rock Werchter... and I've never been to Europe before (I'm from the USA). I think I'll be coming from London, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the quick/easy/cheapest way to get from London to Werchter? Should I seek out Londoners coming into town for the festival, or just hop a boat and train like a normal person?

Since I'm camping, I'm planning on buying a cheap tent and sleeping bag and then gifting it to someone at the end of the festival. I imagine I can order the stuff from Amazon and pick it up at a delivery locker or something in London, yeah?

Finally... I have no problem festing by myself, but it would be great to make friends who are interested in seeing QotSA, Pearl Jam, etc. I'm friendly! That's all, thanks. :) (Also going to Madrid for Mad Cool a week later!)

Get the Eurostar train from London to Brussels, regular train from Brussels to Leuven, then the free shuttle bus from the bus station to the festival car park 

36 minutes ago, Createur said:

I think they want to announce good bands first and Trent doesn't want to be booked for the festival.

When has Trent said that? I know he wasn't happy with the hardcore Metallica fans in the front in 2009...

NIN in the Barn clashing with Arctic Monkeys or The XX would be perfect for me :)

8 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Mid January is when we get the next announcement 

Mad Cool prices go up again next Tuesday at midnight, so I'm hoping that means an announcements coming Wednesday 9th.

Arctics are rumoured for both and I'd have thought they'll announce a batch of dates together, fingers crossed!