Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

33 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

also, the time to announce was always 4 pm regardless of the day. they ditched this format so we will probably have just morning announcements from now on.

I think so as well, I wasn't overly optimistic for this afternoon. I do prefer the Morning announcement in fairness, just not the frequency of them :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

On 15-12-2017 at 4:01 PM, McCallion said:

Nothing again. What they playing at this year?

The organisation has become extremely arrogant. Testing the waters to see how much they can sell based on the Rock Werchter brand and the headliners announced. They'll come back with a bit of a bang in the new year, then when the tickets are sold fill up the vacant spots with cheap (and most likely Belgian) acts. Been going every year since 2000, times have certainly changed.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, The Black said:

The organisation has become extremely arrogant. Testing the waters to see how much they can sell based on the Rock Werchter brand and the headliners announced. They'll come back with a bit of a bang in the new year, then when the tickets are sold fill up the vacant spots with cheap (and most likely Belgian) acts. Been going every year since 2000, times have certainly changed.

Yes of course but there are a lot of Belgian bands who are quite great : Ghinzu, Girls in Hawaii, Triggerfinger, Black Box Revelation, Warhaus, BRNS, Intergalactic Lovers, Tsar B, Sioen, Freaky Age, Mud Flow, Absynthe Minded, Puggy, The Subs, School is Cool,... and sometimes better than so-called bigger acts

Edited by gunther Mickey

The lack of new announcement is disappointing but i'm sure they aren't deliberately holding back....it would make no sense and be the undoing of Werchter if they announce a load of nobody acts after a few big names...There is far too much choice in Europe and many of us would just change venues

Hopefully we get something decent announced before Christmas....I'll not be buying my ticket until January and hope they don't go too big too soon or i'll be in trouble! 

5 hours ago, Phantom_Zone said:

The lack of new announcement is disappointing but i'm sure they aren't deliberately holding back....it would make no sense and be the undoing of Werchter if they announce a load of nobody acts after a few big names...There is far too much choice in Europe and many of us would just change venues

Hopefully we get something decent announced before Christmas....I'll not be buying my ticket until January and hope they don't go too big too soon or i'll be in trouble! 

I'm doing the same. Buying my tickets by the end of January. I don't think they will sell out that easy and that fast. By March or April maybe. 

so that means for me:

- no co-headliner on Sunday

-probably Arctic Monkeys on Saturday and not much else

- maybe a dance closer one of the days (Thursday, after Gorillaz, would fit well)

-no other huge main stage name besides that

That seems like a rather disappointing edition, more so if they are not bringing AM.

31 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Oscar & The Wolf confirmed himself closing the festival in an interview in a Dutch magazine. 

Don't shoot the messenger please, I'm equally as dissapointed..

Nick Cave and Oscar and the Wolf as a co-headlining act? That would be beyond disappointing...

33 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Oscar & The Wolf confirmed himself closing the festival in an interview in a Dutch magazine. 

Don't shoot the messenger please, I'm equally as dissapointed..

I'll be home on a decent hour that sunday night then .... damn that one-trick-pony, overrated oscar and the wolf ....

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

That is a really well made fake poster

Thursday is like the ony realistic day on that mock. There's way to much dance/DJs on that line up. Billing is so off, seems like some sort of wishlist with some names that are already known for other festivals thrown in. And there's no way that there's gonna be some sort of stage hosted either of those 4 labels/DJs at the Apero. 

Edited by arcuse
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tuggster said:

I see the Gallagher brothers seem to have made up how about Oasis to headline?

I think it's pretty unlikely. Noel doesn't really seem to have much to gain from a reunion at the moment. I think the best you could hope for is Liam joining Noel for a couple of tunes at fests where they're both performing solo sets and even that is probably a massive stretch

• Upvote 1