Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

17 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Why do you think that? Of course Nick is a headliner. He's a headliner on every 2018 festival he's playing. But they'll add a similar sized headliner on the same day, for sure. 

The English announcements have never mentioned him as one.

This one is from the announcement of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:

Bye work, hello weekend. Enjoy this nine-minute-masterpiece by our very first big name for Rock Werchter 2018!

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will be playing on Sunday 8 July! Tickets on sale from Saturday 25 November, 10am

And this one is from the announcement of QOTSA:

Queens Of The Stone Age will headline on Thursday 5 July. Werchter then parties into the night with the other headliner of day 1, Gorillaz. Nick Cave & The Bad Seedsis one of the top acts on Sunday 8 July.

Pearl Jam have also been mentioned as headliners, but (at least in English) Nick Cave was never called a headliner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 9-12-2017 at 12:00 PM, Gossard said:

My daughter will come with me to Rock Werchter next summer....as she did this summer and in 2016 :)

I think we are, along with thetime, are the old farts on this forum :P 

Rock Werchter 'kid' since 1994 here :)
No kids but this year I invited my godchild to her first festival at age 11. Learn them from an early age :)

46 minutes ago, McCallion said:

The Cure just announced for British Summer Time. Friday headliner? Co-headliner with Nick Cave?

*Edit - It's a European exclusive. Apologies. ANNOUNCE SOMEONE ALREADY! 

Maybe we can hope for some of the other artists confirmed along with The Cure: Interpol, Editors, Slowdive, The Twilight Sad... they all would be great for me!

Tool will have a new album out next year. They're already booked for some festivals in the US in the spring. A Perfect Circle are of course touring Europe next summer but they have no dates during the RW weekend so maybe, just MAYBE, Tool will come? :) Wishful thinking?