Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

16 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Attempt 3...

THURSDAY
GORILLAZ – QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - VOLBEAT – RUN THE JEWELS – ENTER SHIKARI - MARMOZETS – DE STAAT

FRIDAY
ARCTIC MONKEYS - THE KILLERS – LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – BIFFY CLYRO - TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB – THE HIVES – WOLF ALICE 

SATURDAY
PEARL JAM - THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS – SNOW PATROL - RISE AGAINST – KALEO – BRIAN FALLON AND THE HOWLING WEATHER – BLACK PISTOL FIRE

SUNDAY 
THE XX – NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS - FRANZ FERDINAND – YEAH YEAH YEAHS – MGMT - PORTUGAL. THE MAN – REAL ESTATE

I think that Gorillaz-QOTSA / Arctic Monkeys(- Killers probably) / Pearl Jam / Nick Cave - Muse is a safe bet now (instead of the XX); cause it obeys to the rule of the two huge headliners (PJ and Muse). 

Concerning Main Square, I don't find that they are more diversified than Werchter... Werchter has rap act and electronic acts too, and on the contrary they dare to book rare artists like Glen Hansard (folk music is not current at Main Square)... Werchter is just better than Main Square. As a french bud I should defend Main Square but I don't x) That's just truth; also, give me one French festival where Nekfeu and Orelsan didn't play...They are just everywhere, like LEJ, Shaka Ponk, Mat Bastard....and every artists of the Printemps de Bourges...So when you see that Killers, Artics and other headliners which are POPULAR in France (so I don't include Nick Cave and Pearl Jam), Orelsan would be incredibly shameful; but I don't think they'll headline. Probably Muse. 

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

I think that Gorillaz-QOTSA / Arctic Monkeys(- Killers probably) / Pearl Jam / Nick Cave - Muse is a safe bet now (instead of the XX); cause it obeys to the rule of the two huge headliners (PJ and Muse). 

No way that they're going to miss out on The XX. Huge popularity here at the moment, definitely bigger than The Killers and Nick Cave.

I'm not so sure about Muse actually. If they aren't touring on the back of a new album, I think RW will give it a miss and keep Muse for 2019.

Edited by Dietediet

5 hours ago, Jefferke said:

Normally a Belgian name is announced first for Werchter before other festivals so i think Girls in Hawaii is ruled out to. 

That's most of all for international names. Belgian festivals with a Belgian line up and headliners can not wait till RW has released their line up and Belgian acts. Some of them are already take place in April/May/June.