Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

3 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Orelsan as headliner ? What a shame :') 

They don’t say he’s a headliner, do they? I’d be surprised if that happened. I rather think they still need to announce the third headliner. 

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

I hope that Portugal The Man and Wolf Alice will get a 1-hour set in the Barn/KluB C. 

Yes please! For me the two most wanted on this poster as well. 

Attempt 3...

THURSDAY
GORILLAZ – QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - VOLBEAT – RUN THE JEWELS – ENTER SHIKARI - MARMOZETS – DE STAAT

FRIDAY
ARCTIC MONKEYS - THE KILLERS – LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – BIFFY CLYRO - TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB – THE HIVES – WOLF ALICE 

SATURDAY
PEARL JAM - THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS – SNOW PATROL - RISE AGAINST – KALEO – BRIAN FALLON AND THE HOWLING WEATHER – BLACK PISTOL FIRE

SUNDAY 
THE XX – NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS - FRANZ FERDINAND – YEAH YEAH YEAHS – MGMT - PORTUGAL. THE MAN – REAL ESTATE

3 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Attempt 3...

THURSDAY
GORILLAZ – QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - VOLBEAT – RUN THE JEWELS – ENTER SHIKARI - MARMOZETS – DE STAAT

FRIDAY
ARCTIC MONKEYS - THE KILLERS – LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – BIFFY CLYRO - TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB – THE HIVES – WOLF ALICE 

SATURDAY
PEARL JAM - THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS – SNOW PATROL - RISE AGAINST – KALEO – BRIAN FALLON AND THE HOWLING WEATHER – BLACK PISTOL FIRE

SUNDAY 
THE XX – NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS - FRANZ FERDINAND – YEAH YEAH YEAHS – MGMT - PORTUGAL. THE MAN – REAL ESTATE

That would be quite the Friday! Really hoping LCD Soundsystem end up on the line up somewhere, would love to finally see them. Would they not be a bit higher than a late afternoon slot though? (really don't know their popularity in Belgium). In an ideal world they'd be in The Barn, what a set that would be. 

5 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Attempt 3...

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY 

Replace the xx with muse my mrs would be very happy

Edited by Tuggster
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

That would be quite the Friday! Really hoping LCD Soundsystem end up on the line up somewhere, would love to finally see them. Would they not be a bit higher than a late afternoon slot though? (really don't know their popularity in Belgium). In an ideal world they'd be in The Barn, what a set that would be. 

In 2016 they headlined Pukkelpop, and there's no actual chance of them performing before it's dark. In that case, what's the points of having the disco ball? 

It's even more unlikely than an Arcade Fire early performance, which just happened last year.

NIN haven't announced any Belgian dates yet, have they? Thinking of going to Mad Cool, mainly for them, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode and Qotsa, but if I can get 3 of them plus other goodies like Nick Cave at Werchter then I'd probably rather go there instead.

Something like this would be perfect:

Gorillaz / Queens of the Stone Age

Justice / Arctic Monkeys

Pearl Jam / Nine Inch Nails

The Killers / Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (LCD Soundsystem headlining the Barn)

Only act I wouldn't see on there is The Killers but I fully expect them to play.

11 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Attempt 3...

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY 

Just let this man book RW! Chuck Frank Turner on there somewhere and I'd be more than happy (however in an ideal world a different headliner than The XX....like The Cure or someone)

17 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Orelsan as headliner ? What a shame :') 

The Main Square has always had a bigger diversity than Werchter (+ French artists). Vald, Die Antwoord, Jain, Kungs, La Femme,... Orelsan is very popular for the young French people (even his music is not interesting at all). Nekfeu is way more shocking for me. I hope Girls in Hawaii (Belgian, new album and one of my favorite bands), Feder, Kalkbrenner Portugal the man (very good too), Gojira (like Slayer in 2008). BB Brunes, Orelsan, IAM, Nekfeu and Oscar and the Wolf are ruled out. Loïc Nottet, why not. Belgian, very appreciated in Wallonia and Flanders and he would be interesting in Klub C. But it's highly unlikely I think. 

Edited by gunther Mickey

14 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

The Main Square have always had a more important diversity than Werchter (+ French artists). Vald, Die Antwoord, Jain, Kungs, La Femme,... Orelsan is very popular for the young French people (even his music is not interesting at all). Nekfeu is way more shocking for me. I hope Girls in Hawaii (Belgian, new album and one of my favorite bands), Feder, Kalkbrenner Portugal the man (very good too), Gojira (like Slayer in 2008). BB Brunes, Orelsan, IAM, Nekfeu and Oscar and the Wolf are ruled out. Loïc Nottet, why not. Belgian, very appreciated in Wallonia and Flanders and he would be interesting in Klub C. But it's highly unlikely I think. 

Nekfeu is really good ;) Better than Orelsan, and not headlining.

He's got the flow, the vocabulary and the instrumental is good!

Edited by Noeliam

Just now, Noeliam said:

Nekfeu is really good ;) Better than Orelsan, and not headlining.

everyone has its own likings and tastes :). I don't like Orelsan or Nekfeu but the second one is awful to listen to (in my opinion). For French rap music I would advise : L'Or du Commun (Belgian), Scylla (Belgian), Kerry James (French), Fonky Family (French) or Oxmo Puccino (his first studio album) (French). But they want to gather as many people as possible and Orelsan and Nekfeu are a great idea to achieve their goals.

2 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

His flow is good on this one but the lyrics don't talk to me. I prefer this kind of song : 

You're right concerning tastes. I've never been a fan of rap but I did like "Feu"'s album from Nekfeu.

Also lyrics don't really matter for me! I guess for rap it's different :) That's why I used ''vocabulary'!

The flow on this one is really good though!

1 minute ago, Noeliam said:

You're right concerning tastes. I've never been a fan of rap but I did like "Feu"'s album from Nekfeu.

Also lyrics don't really matter for me! I guess for rap it's different :) That's why I used ''vocabulary'!

The flow on this one is really good though!

I'm not a "big" fan of rap too but some rappers deserve more recognition I think. The vocabulary of MC Solaar, Barbarossa or Scylla are more interesting than a lot of US Rappers. Stromae has great lyrics too (he was a rapper at the beginning) :  

Different, isn't it? :)

Different... but I find it too monotonous.

I really like when rappers go up and down! Like in "Sweatpants" by Childish. I feel that in Nekfeu and I think it's one of the main reasons I like it :)

My roommate, big fan of rap, had already told me about MC Solaar! But I don't even know the lyrics of some of my favorite songs (for me, the voice is just another -great- instrument).

5 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Different... but I find it too monotonous.

I really like when rappers go up and down! Like in "Sweatpants" by Childish. I feel that in Nekfeu and I think it's one of the main reasons I like it :)

My roommate, big fan of rap, had already told me about MC Solaar! But I don't even know the lyrics of some of my favorite songs (for me, the voice is just another -great- instrument).

Mc Solaar is one of the best French rapper ever (Solaar pleure, Caroline, Hasta la Vista,...).