Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Doesn't sound like a headliner. Remember last year when everyone was saying if they announced the acts in a different order it would seem stronger. Think that's what they are doing? 

They are headlining, at least co-headlining (as Thursday is traditionally a strong day in Werchter).

29 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I'm not really a fan, but I've never seen them so I'm quite happy with this announcement. We think this is a dance-act, not a real headliner?

There's as dance-act as Kings Of Leon last/this year. They're co-headlining with something else. I think we can expect max 2 more names before tickets go on sale (so probably one of the Friday headliners, since PJ is rumoured to headline Saturday) and then another act. I'd put my money on The Killers (for Friday) but since they still have a concert in March, I think it'll be The XX (Sunday) and something else.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i dare you to say that after you have. :P

Haha, amazing! End of the day, I'd never pay to see a Gorillaz stadium show so it's cool that they're on at a fest I'll be going to anyway. Rather see something new than Kings Of Leon for the millionth time, even if it's a little bit shitty :) 

Im not a big fan but Ill be happy to try them as I love Damon Albarn.  Gorrilaz might be easy to sell to a Thursday headliner that they are playing after him as a party act. Of course in order to do that RW have to go back and finish on Thursday around 02:00-02:30, unlike last year. 

We all know that the Thursday is the hardest day to sell, so unless they're bringing an act like Netsky as main stage closer, I'd say a big headliner still about to come. Can't see Gorrilaz plus one of QOTSA/The National/the xx sell Thursday.

Edited by e2p2

6 hours ago, McCallion said:

Holy mother of God that's some lineup. All serious contenders for RW then! I saw Run The Jewels a few weeks back and they were insanely good!

RTJ would be amazing! I´d love to see them.

And I saw Gorillaz in Berlin last week - great first Headliner! They are amazing to see.

I think we're still missing a headliner, at least a co-headliner, on the Thursday. RW have always had a strong headliner and a dance-act after since I started going in 2009....except this year when we had two strong co-headliners...

2009: Oasis - The Prodigy
2010: Muse - Faithless
2011: QOTSA - Linkin Park - The Chemical Brothers
2012: The Cure - Justice
2013: Green Day - Netsky Live
2014: Metallica - Skrillex
2015: Foo Fighters* - The Chemical Brothers
2016: Paul McCartney - Disclosure
2017: Arcade Fire - King of Leon
*Foo Fighters canceled and Faith no More played instead, but majority of the tickets (all?) were sold when people thought Foos was headlining.

25 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I think we're still missing a headliner, at least a co-headliner, on the Thursday. RW have always had a strong headliner and a dance-act after since I started going in 2009....except this year when we had two strong co-headliners...

2009: Oasis - The Prodigy
2010: Muse - Faithless
2011: QOTSA - Linkin Park - The Chemical Brothers
2012: The Cure - Justice
2013: Green Day - Netsky Live
2014: Metallica - Skrillex
2015: Foo Fighters* - The Chemical Brothers
2016: Paul McCartney - Disclosure
2017: Arcade Fire - King of Leon
*Foo Fighters canceled and Faith no More played instead, but majority of the tickets (all?) were sold when people thought Foos was headlining.

Drum roll.......editors.