Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't they usually have major names for each day announced before tickets go on sale? Does that mean we'll be getting more announcements before next Saturday?

Combi tickets will go on sale. Day tickets go on sale when there is at least one name announced for the day.

Nick Cave and then Pearl Jam would be awesome indeed !

Edited by eratiti007

1 hour ago, eratiti007 said:

Combi tickets will go on sale. Day tickets go on sale when there is at least one name announced for the day.

Nick Cave and then Pearl Jam would be awesome indeed !

But day tickets always go on sale at the same time as combi tickets, so they're bound to announce more names next week.

13 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

Nick Cave + Pearl Jam : Very likely but very disappointing for me. I hope bigger acts than Gorillaz or Depeche Mode to take my tickets. 

Depeche Mode are ruled out, Gorillaz surely aren't bigger than Pearl Jam. You just like it better, but stop saying they're bigger. 

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Orens said:

Depeche Mode are ruled out, Gorillaz surely aren't bigger than Pearl Jam. You just like it better, but stop saying they're bigger. 

Where did I say Gorillaz is bigger than Pearl Jam in that post? Nowhere... I hope bigger acts than Gorillaz and Depeche Mode because there will be one day totally forgettable for me (Sunday). I just hope three interesting headliners to be sure to make my ticket profitable. Because I already know that there is a day that will not interest me at all and I think that Gorillaz and Depeche Mode are not attractive enough to pay for a combi for only three days. 

Edited by gunther Mickey
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

Nick Cave + Pearl Jam : Very likely but very disappointing for me. I hope bigger acts than Gorillaz or Depeche Mode to take my tickets. 

If you take your tickets, you'll have a really good surprise ! ;) (Cause ON STAGE Nick Cave is at least as good as Gorillaz and Depeche Mode, and Pearl Jam make them look like beginners x) I became a fan after the PJ show at RW2014, cause I had never seen something like that... And if you play the guitar, you'll be mesmerized, because PJ's guitarist plays like no one else, and if you like singalongs, it's 3hours of intense crowdsinging)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

If you take your tickets, you'll have a really good surprise ! ;) (Cause ON STAGE Nick Cave is at least as good as Gorillaz and Depeche Mode, and Pearl Jam make them look like beginners x) I became a fan after the PJ show at RW2014, cause I had never seen something like that... And if you play the guitar, you'll be mesmerized, because PJ's guitarist plays like no one else, and if you like singalongs, it's 3hours of intense crowdsinging)

Yes he seems like a showman on stage ;). I don't play guitar but I'll go watching that on youtube. I don't hate this band but the singer's voice don't make me feel anything. I prefer the voice of Warhaus' singer and Cage the Elephant for the show :).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Gossard said:

He played before Volbeat and Rammstein in 2013 and before Kings of Leon and 2ManyDJ's in 2009....

He played before Volbeat and Rammstein because he wouldn't get squeezed between the two rockbands and their crowds who would probably camp out for Rammstein after Volbeat through Nick Cave.

In 2009, Kings Of Leon headlined and 2ManyDJ's were the dance act for that day, so he basically subbed that day.

I mean you may not like his music, that's fine but saying that this is a bad booking or announcement is just ignorant, the dude is at the peak of his career selling out Sportpaleis in under 2h is fast.. He'll probably co-headline with some dancey closer (The XX?) or something. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, arcuse said:

He played before Volbeat and Rammstein because he wouldn't get squeezed between the two rockbands and their crowds who would probably camp out for Rammstein after Volbeat through Nick Cave.

In 2009, Kings Of Leon headlined and 2ManyDJ's were the dance act for that day, so he basically subbed that day.

I mean you may not like his music, that's fine but saying that this is a bad booking or announcement is just ignorant, the dude is at the peak of his career selling out Sportpaleis in under 2h is fast.. He'll probably co-headline with some dancey closer (The XX?) or something. 

Where did I say this was a bad booking? I even said that I've seen him three times and that I thought he was great. The only thing I've said is that I don't think he's big enough to headline....but as a sub I'm thrilled. I think you got me confused with someone else...

And he was kind of a sub in 2013 also as Volbeat got moved from the Thursday later on. At first, it was Nick Cave and then Rammstein..... 

• Upvote 1