Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Had a go at a prediction for main stage for this. Hoping we get first names tomorrow!

THURSDAY
THE PRODIGY – QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE  - VOLBEAT – BIFFY CLYRO – THE HIVES – FRANK TURNER - WOLF ALICE
FRIDAY
GORILLAZ – THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS - RUN THE JEWELS – ENTER SHIKARI – GOOD CHARLOTTE - MARMOZETS – DE STAAT
SATURDAY
PEARL JAM – THE NATIONAL – RISE AGAINST - SKUNK ANANSIE – KALEO – BRIAN FALLON AND THE HOWLING WEATHER – DEAF HAVANA 
SUNDAY 
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – THE KILLERS - FRANZ FERDINAND - PARAMORE – MILKY CHANCE - JACK JOHNSON – HIGHLY SUSPECT

Probably got a lot of placements wrong or whatever but tried to base it on some of the rumours going around right now.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Had a go at a prediction for main stage for this. Hoping we get first names tomorrow!

THURSDAY
THE PRODIGY – QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE  - VOLBEAT – BIFFY CLYRO – THE HIVES – FRANK TURNER - WOLF ALICE
FRIDAY
GORILLAZ – THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS - RUN THE JEWELS – ENTER SHIKARI – GOOD CHARLOTTE - MARMOZETS – DE STAAT
SATURDAY
PEARL JAM – THE NATIONAL – RISE AGAINST - SKUNK ANANSIE – KALEO – BRIAN FALLON AND THE HOWLING WEATHER – DEAF HAVANA 
SUNDAY 
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM – THE KILLERS - FRANZ FERDINAND - PARAMORE – MILKY CHANCE - JACK JOHNSON – HIGHLY SUSPECT

Probably got a lot of placements wrong or whatever but tried to base it on some of the rumours going around right now.

I want you to apply for a job at Rock Werchter's organization

13 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
SUNDAY 

Very weak in comparison with 2017 in my opinion. LCD Soundsystem, Thirty Second to Mars and The Killers aren't too big in Belgium to be headliners. Pearl Jam and the National are clearly not my thing. Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA/Pordigy, Twenty one pilots/Green Day, Depeche Mode/The XX would be perfect for me (but very expensive). The Hives, Enter Shikari, Good Charlotte and Franz Ferdinand would be great too. I don't think that Pearl Jam and the National are so big in Belgium.

1 hour ago, gunther Mickey said:

Very weak in comparison with 2017 in my opinion. LCD Soundsystem, Thirty Second to Mars and The Killers aren't too big in Belgium to be headliners. Pearl Jam and the National are clearly not my thing. Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA/Pordigy, Twenty one pilots/Green Day, Depeche Mode/The XX would be perfect for me (but very expensive). The Hives, Enter Shikari, Good Charlotte and Franz Ferdinand would be great too. I don't think that Pearl Jam and the National are so big in Belgium.

Are Pearl Jam not bigger than every act you mentioned (which you think would be a very expensive lineup)?

The Killers are touring pretty late to come back already to festivals in June/July. They're basically confirmed for Bonnaroo which takes place in early June and I reckon they'll do Firefly, Gov Ball etc.. I see them coming back doing the August fests like Reading & Leeds, Lowlands, Pukkelpop etc, but I could be wrong.
The Prodigy could be a dance closer but so could The XX, Gorillaz and Massive Attack and I think those 3 seem more likely than The Prodigy.
Idk if I remember correctly but didn't the Primavera director say that NIN was very hard to book or something?

Biggest chance to (co)headline: Pearl Jam - Queens Of The Stone Age - Gorillaz - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The XX
Smaller chance to (co)headline: Volbeat - Kendrick Lamar - The Killers - Arctic Monkeys - The Prodigy - Florence + The Machine - Jack White - Noel Gallagher
Small chance to (co)headline: The Rolling Stones - Jay Z - Editors - Fleetwood Mac - Nine Inch Nails - Neil Young
Out: Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Bruno Mars, The National, Oscar & The Wolf, Roger Waters, Ed Sheeran, Ozzy Osbourne, Sam Smith

(idk if I missed someone)

Edited by arcuse

55 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Are Pearl Jam not bigger than every act you mentioned (which you think would be a very expensive lineup)?

In term of popularity in Belgium, I think Pearl Jam isn't bigger than Gorillaz, XX or Depeche Mode. I understand that this band is very popular in Uk and in the Us but I'm not sure that this band will bring much people than expected. The best headliners : Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Depeche Mode/The XX, QOTSA. But it's only my taste

26 minutes ago, arcuse said:

The Killers are touring pretty late to come back already to festivals in June/July. They're basically confirmed for Bonnaroo which takes place in early June and I reckon they'll do Firefly, Gov Ball etc.. I see them coming back doing the August fests like Reading & Leeds, Lowlands, Pukkelpop etc, but I could be wrong.
The Prodigy could be a dance closer but so could The XX, Gorillaz and Massive Attack and I think those 3 seem more likely than The Prodigy.
Idk if I remember correctly but didn't the Primavera director say that NIN was very hard to book or something?

Biggest chance to (co)headline: Pearl Jam - Queens Of The Stone Age - Gorillaz - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The XX
Smaller chance to (co)headline: Volbeat - Kendrick Lamar - The Killers - Arctic Monkeys - The Prodigy - Florence + The Machine - Jack White - Noel Gallagher
Small chance to (co)headline: The Rolling Stones - Jay Z - Editors - Fleetwood Mac - Nine Inch Nails - Neil Young
Out: Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Bruno Mars, The National, Oscar & The Wolf, Roger Waters, Ed Sheeran, Ozzy Osbourne, Sam Smith

(idk if I missed someone)

Snow patrol?

9 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

In term of popularity in Belgium, I think Pearl Jam isn't bigger than Gorillaz, XX or Depeche Mode. I understand that this band is very popular in Uk and in the Us but I'm not sure that this band will bring much people than expected. The best headliners : Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Depeche Mode/The XX, QOTSA. But it's only my taste

You don't think Pearl Jam is big in Belgium? They headlined in 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2014. I'd think it's pretty save to say they are huge in Belgium.

Gorillaz have never played RW (I think). QOTSA did not headline last time they played in 2011, The XX did not headline last time they played in 2012 and Depeche Mode did not headline last time they played in 2013. Can you please tell me again why you don't think Pearl Jam are bigger then these bands in terms of popularity?

Edited by Gossard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gossard said:

You don't think Pearl Jam is big in Belgium? They headlined in 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2014. I'd think it's pretty save to say they are huge in Belgium.

Gorillaz have never played RW (I think). QOTSA did not headline last time they played in 2011, The XX did not headline last time they played in 2012 and Depeche Mode did not headline last time they played in 2013. Can you please tell me again why you don't think Pearl Jam are bigger then these bands in terms of popularity?

Because he either doesn't like them, or doesn't know much about them. Therefore nobody does. 

Pearl Jam are one of the few remaining rock bands that are huge all over the world. 

Edited by lightning1000
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Yes you are right about the popularity. Sorry for that. 

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Nick Cave is an acquired taste and personally I’m not a fan. A very strange choice to announce as a first name unless he’s a lot more popular in Belgium than he is in UK

He played before Volbeat and Rammstein in 2013 and before Kings of Leon and 2ManyDJ's in 2009....