Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

10 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Do you have a link?

Yes: http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t57891p450-mad-cool-festival-2018

"Bar Tool" is Mad Cool Comunity Manager. He is giving some cool info about the bands that will tour and bands that atm won't tour next year. He also said 3 weeks ago that Bruno Mars wasn't an option for Mad Cool because he was in UK that weekend, and later he was announed for BST in London (same weekend that Mad Cool)

18 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Yes: http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t57891p450-mad-cool-festival-2018

"Bar Tool" is Mad Cool Comunity Manager. He is giving some cool info about the bands that will tour and bands that atm won't tour next year. He also said 3 weeks ago that Bruno Mars wasn't an option for Mad Cool because he was in UK that weekend, and later he was announed for BST in London (same weekend that Mad Cool)

Thanks mate! Some really nice info indeed... Only real info on PJ I seem to read is that 'there appears te be a tour in 2018'. Couldn't find any other hints towards their booking for MC, but my Spanish is near non-existent...

Edited by visdave34

19 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Thanks mate! Some really nice info indeed... Only real info on PJ I seem to read is that 'there appears te be a tour in 2018'. Couldn't find any other hints towards their booking for MC, but my Spanish is near non-existent...

Yeah I read the rest of the thread onwards from the page linked. Didn't see anything about them playing Mad Cool but he did appear to confirm they'll be coming to Europe in 2018 which is good news. And yeah if so I expect them to headline Werchter.

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

Pearl Jam, Metallica, The National would be dream 3 headliners for me.  Throw in Depeche Mode as 4th headliner and I'd be happy as

This is a real possibility and even better than that, the National will probably co-headline so there will be another big band like QOTSA or Editors or even Arcade Fire if there's  a repeat headliner.

9 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I read the rest of the thread onwards from the page linked. Didn't see anything about them playing Mad Cool but he did appear to confirm they'll be coming to Europe in 2018 which is good news. And yeah if so I expect them to headline Werchter.

Maybe he cannot confirm yet that Pearl Jam will play... 

Edited by SarahEmpre

11 hours ago, e2p2 said:

This is a real possibility and even better than that, the National will probably co-headline so there will be another big band like QOTSA or Editors or even Arcade Fire if there's  a repeat headliner.

That would be incredible.  

43 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Great News! Same weekend as RW and judging on the fact '17 they both had Foos/Radiohead and '16 RHCP/Florence we can expect at least one shared headliner?

Saw them at their own festival Demon Dayz earlier this year and was sceptical about how the material would come across live but I was pleasantly surprised, would certainly welcome them as a closer after say a The National/QOTSA. Guessing they wouldn't be an outright headliner if they did make an appearance?

16 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Saw Rock Werchters tweet earlier saying the 'tell us who you want to play' link is closing in a week, hopefully that means we'll get some news next Wednesday/Friday.

I think we'll likely get the first anouncement on either Weds 1st or Fri 3rd November, first week after the survey closes, but I'll still refresh the Werchter page today and on Friday just in case ;) Not a massive fan of Gorillaz but I've never seen them live and would much rather see someone new than someone I've seen a hundred times before. I could see a co-headliner situation for them, maybe with The National or The Killers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

I think we'll likely get the first anouncement on either Weds 1st or Fri 3rd November, first week after the survey closes, but I'll still refresh the Werchter page today and on Friday just in case ;) Not a massive fan of Gorillaz but I've never seen them live and would much rather see someone new than someone I've seen a hundred times before. I could see a co-headliner situation for them, maybe with The National or The Killers?

Haha yeah I've had them on tweet alerts since the start of the year anyway :lol: I think that might be why Gorillaz were better than I thought, hearing the songs live for the first time. They aren't going to be as loud as a dance act like Chemical Brothers/Prodigy or a QOTSA but they put on a good show that night and if it's a co-headliner therefore one headliner out of five, possibly six I certainly wouldn't complain!

I have really high hopes for next years headliners, there seems to be a lot of likely candidates about that would get me to Belgium. More excited for the undercard I think, hoping to get a few reasons to visit The Barn next year after only going once this year, Jungle would be my ideal choice but I don't know if they'd end up in Klub C.

1 hour ago, eratiti007 said:

Bruno Mars will be at the Werchter Boutique June 16th so he's ruled out for the festival, which is good news for me.

I wouldn't have minded Bruno Mars. His live show is a lot better than a lot of the poppier headliners we get at RW. But I aint crying! Haha!

In other news, Gorillaz & The XX are headlining Bilbao BBK

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

According to Zegut, Metallica have postponed their 2018 Summer European tour. So if they were booked for Werchter we may be seeing a last minute replacement (Editors? :P).

think there are plenty of acts available (maybe not all in the same genre) as a good replacement. I'm thinking that Nick Cave, Gorillaz, The National, Queens Of The Stone Age and The XX seem most likely now. Pearl Jam rumours are boiling up and with Arctic Monkeys working on a new record aswell, I expect them aswell. 

And then I'm not even talking about Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Depeche Mode, The Prodigy etc etc :P 

17 hours ago, arcuse said:

think there are plenty of acts available (maybe not all in the same genre) as a good replacement. I'm thinking that Nick Cave, Gorillaz, The National, Queens Of The Stone Age and The XX seem most likely now. Pearl Jam rumours are boiling up and with Arctic Monkeys working on a new record aswell, I expect them aswell. 

And then I'm not even talking about Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Depeche Mode, The Prodigy etc etc :P 

Too many to chose from!