Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Just now, e2p2 said:

You're right but usually its not the biggest ones. Editors, Kol, F+TM were booked lately in consecutive editions. 

Pretty much this, can't remember a headliner the size of foo fighters headlining 2 years on the bounce. 

If they're doing late summer festivals  then pukkelpop is nailed on for me. 

Just now, thewayiam said:

Editors are huge in Belgium though.

But not on the level as a foo fighters and would be a lot easier to book.

there is really only 3/4 festivals the size of werchter that editors could headline. Werchter, pukkelpop and lowlands of the top of my head. 

Im a huge editors fan, even I would be fed up of the werchter or pukkelpop every year. 

In fact the only headliners I can make out as headliner twice in a row have been KOL and Editors. 

On 10/14/2017 at 11:57 AM, thetime said:

But not on the level as a foo fighters and would be a lot easier to book.

there is really only 3/4 festivals the size of werchter that editors could headline. Werchter, pukkelpop and lowlands of the top of my head. 

Im a huge editors fan, even I would be fed up of the werchter or pukkelpop every year. 

In fact the only headliners I can make out as headliner twice in a row have been KOL and Editors. 

That's fair, early Editors much better imo.

6 hours ago, McCallion said:

Don't wanna get peoples hopes up but do we think maybe, just maybe....

... first headliner this Friday?

Last year I think we got Radiohead the first friday after the wishlist closed. This year, the wishlist closes 31/10 so my bet is on 3/11 4pm for the first headliner

Because it's Friday and I'm bored, here's some stuff to discuss. A combination of a prediction / wish list but i'm always way off! Haha! Thoughts?

Thurs - THE PRODIGY / ARCTIC MONKEYS / Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds / Nothing But Thieves / Enter Shikari / De Staat / Marmozets

Fri - BRUNO MARS / Twenty One Pilots / The Script / Lana Del Rey / Kensington  / Blossoms / The Big Moon

Sat - NINE INCH NAILS / THE KILLERS / Liam Gallagher / Gogol Bordello / Hives / Frank Turner / Cabbage

Sun - QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE / 30 Seconds To Mars / The National / Kasabian / Wolf Alice / Royal Republic 

Edited by McCallion
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, McCallion said:

Because it's Friday and I'm bored, here's some stuff to discuss. A combination of a prediction / wish list but i'm always way off! Haha! Thoughts?

Thurs - THE PRODIGY / ARCTIC MONKEYS / Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds / Nothing But Thieves / Enter Shikari / De Staat / Marmozets

Fri - BRUNO MARS / Twenty One Pilots / The Script / Lana Del Rey / Kensington  / Blossoms / The Big Moon

Sat - NINE INCH NAILS / THE KILLERS / Liam Gallagher / Gogol Bordello / Hives / Frank Turner / Cabbage

Sun - QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE / 30 Seconds To Mars / The National / Kasabian / Wolf Alice / Royal Republic 

Can I buy my ticket now?! :lol:

That would be an amazing line up for me and my friends, the thing I hope for most in European festivals is acts you'd probably see sub or headlining the likes of Leeds, Latitude etc. being 3-4 places down, which would be the case here!

I originally predicted Arctics, Killers, QOTSA, Pearl Jam to headline so we have 3/4 the same, I think if we both get two right I'll 100% be returning, but there's a strong chance anyway. I guess Arctics depends on when they announce the headliners, I think I'm right in saying they were all out by the start of December last year? I couldn't see them announcing a run of festivals by then, but hopefully there's still an Arctics shaped hole in the New Year :D

On 20/10/2017 at 9:51 AM, McCallion said:

Would be huge.

Just now, visdave34 said:

Love it! They also announced a show in Sportpaleis Antwerp, so they're definitely not repeating RW (which is fine)

Yeah, I'm fine with that too. Saw them twice last year and even though they were fantastic both times, I'd definitely rather have something different this year :)

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

Mad Cool CM has said in the biggest Spanish Forum that Pearl Jam will tour Europe in 2018 and has hinted clearly that Mad Cool is one of the festivals that has booked them.

If they are touring, Mad Cool will almost certainly get them. They have a strategy of putting their cards on the table early to get the biggest/most expensive headliner on the Spanish circuit ahead of competitors (BBK, Primavera, Benicassim etc) , if they're a legacy band even better. 

If Pearl Jam are definitely doing Europe, i'd be amazed if they don't show up at Werchter