Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

I think queens of the stone age and pearl jam should be top candidates. The national - probably subs, max in a combo like arcade fire. I think this year's formula with two headline combos was great, even if it let me a bit hungry for more soad and arcade fire. I hope they will do it again next year as i plan to return if it's a good line up for my tastes.

Personally, i hope for vampire weekend.

Edited by neacaisa

Was thinking about this on the way home, without knowing if it's going to be coheadliners again or just four I'm going to predict.

Pearl Jam - QOTSA - Arctic Monkeys - The Killers

Pearl Jam seem a popular choice and haven't done it in a few years, the other three have new albums in the pipeline and will hopefully be touring them and The Killers are already around Europe this year missing Belgium(?).Was surprised how much Arctic Monkeys I heard inbetween acts and at The Hive so sure they'd be a popular choice, only question is whether they'll be touring by next Summer.

Perhaps that's more wishful thinking than realistic, but if two of those four were there I think it would be enough to tempt me back.

Edited by alexlloyd

My current guess:

Metallica

The National/Gorillaz co-heads

QOTSA/The XX co-heads

Arctic Monkeys

Throwing in Oscar & The Wolf as a Stromae-like party closer; The Killers/Nick Cave/Bastille/Triggerfinger for subs; and Nine Inch Nails/London Grammar/dEUS/Bon Iver for Barn headliners. 

Can't really see Pearl Jam playing next year. If they supposedly cancelled European tours 2 years in a row due to the terrorism threat, I doubt they'd probably change their mind in a few months. Especially keeping the Ariana Grande concert in mind...

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Can't really see Pearl Jam playing next year. If they supposedly cancelled European tours 2 years in a row due to the terrorism threat, I doubt they'd probably change their mind in a few months. Especially keeping the Ariana Grande concert in mind...

I've been to Eddie Vedder show in Italy last week. His wife and daughters were there too. He also played at two festivals at his Euro tour. Of course they're a five piece band and Eddie doesn't call the shots alone but I dont think there is no reason to think won't tour Europe anytime soon. This year they didn't tour yet and they probably won't tour at all.  But, if they'll have a new album, they'll play in Europe too. 

Oscar and the wolf have an album pending that will probably be released until next year's RW and are the hottest belgian band. They have to be strong contenders for next year too.

You forget that we have seen some repeats this year that were less likely: Natanael, James Blake.

As for the headlining spots, it's really hard to tell who gets it, judging by the schedule tourist lemc was a headliner, but he played in front of a half empty tent, on the same day rag'n'bone and soulwax were filling it 30 minutes before the show even started. Most of the time there are at least 2 important bands playing in the barn on the same day and i guess LG can easily fill one of the late evening slots after/before an equally big band.

Edited by neacaisa

3 hours ago, grumpykrogan said:

Ok, I'll rephrase, they were severely missing FOR ME. :) I'd have gladly watched a dance/rave/electronic act than sit through KoL. 

Definitely for acts like KoL but the perfect thing should have been AF closing!

What is interesting this year is how well the top heavy lineup worked... it meant everyone can get up and to the arena later!!! 

Also top marks to the lower bands who were amazing.

I cant believe how good a performance chainsmokers gave. If any of you jpined us in  pit we made during the final slng which went viral then that was insane.

As always the belgian/dutch made the atmosphere, such friendly well mannered people, so much more enjoyable than English festivals. 

I hope we have a good mix again next year Kendrick would mad but i dont see it happening. Same as coldplay.

At least we know ed is out of the running.

Does anyone know the implication of no Glastonbury on rw ability to get good acts?

QOTSA + Gorillaz - Metallica - Nick Cave + The National - Arctic Monkeys

w/ Kasabian, Nine Inch Nails, The War On Drugs and The Killers as subs and Bon Iver, Lana Del Rey, Fleet Foxes and Elbow in the Barn. (but this is honestly so much wishful thinking.. puh)

For Belgian acts I think we can espect Triggerfinger, Absynthe Minded, Millionaire and Stuff or something..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Something like this would be pretty cool for a variety of people in my opinion, but probably too expensive.

• Noel Gallagher - QOTSA - Gorillaz
  • The Killers - Metallica - Netsky
  • Run the Jewels - NIN - Lady Gaga
  • 30 Seconds to Mars - Pearl Jam

They should extend the Main Stage until 2am again, at least on some days. Depeche Mode, Kasabian, Paramore are probably in the mix as well. Would love Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, PVRIS, Marmozets, Pendulum in there. Maybe Nothing but Thieves again too.

Metallica is touring Europe from October until May (yeah, I know it's actually a 2-week mini tours) so I can't imagine them staying in Europe June/July. Rather they'll go back to the US and do EU festival tour in 2019.

My guess are Muse/Editors/Pearl Jam/The Killers/QOTSA/The National - that's the easiest pick for next year

Edited by heti

My guess is:

Gorillaz / QOTSA
Arctic Monkeys
Pearl Jam
Muse 

Subs: NIN, The Killers, The National, Nick Cave

I would put Metallica in there but if they're touring Europe all winter it's unlikely they'll be in Europe during the summer. But I still find it strange that after releasing a new reckord they don't do European festivals for two summers straight.