Glastonbury flu

Amy Lawn

Anybody else feel like their fucking brain is trying to crawl out of their own head and their throat is trying to cough up their lungs and their nose is trying to sneeze out the bit behind their nose, or is just me? Started on Wednesday and my mate reckons I've become diseased through being exposed to all weird pathogens you filthy herberts from other areas of the UK are known to carry.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sore throat, eyes like Marty Feldman, nose constantly dripping some kind of clear fluid, feel fine one minute then utterly fucking shattered the next, back spasms, bizzare dreams, night sweats/terrors, confusion, nausea . All yes.

I've had symptoms of what I can only assume is my body going cold turkey from all the drink and drugs I decided to replace food and sleep with last weekend and am only just starting to feel okay now (although still definitely not 100% - I fear I've got another few days of feeling slightly shit). Thankfully though none of what the rest of you are describing, so looks like I managed to dodge a bit of a bullet there.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I've had symptoms of what I can only assume is my body going cold turkey from all the drink and drugs I decided to replace food and sleep with last weekend and am only just starting to feel okay now (although still definitely not 100% - I fear I've got another few days of feeling slightly shit). Thankfully though none of what the rest of you are describing, so looks like I managed to dodge a bit of a bullet there.

Pretty sure this is what's been happening to me as well. Only today started feeling anywhere near back to normal. Been having crazy intense, mostly Glastonbury themed, dreams. Hoping for a proper, peaceful sleep tonight...

50 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

Yep - super ill from Monday onwards despite 15 hour sleeps each night. A 25 hour flight on Thursday just about then finished me off :(

15 fucking hour sleeps?!

thats the stuff dreams are made of... 

i got home on Monday evening and couldn't sleep until Thursday night. I've had sleep paralysis and terrors to the point when I had to go sit downstairs in the lounge through fear of falling asleep. 

Scary shit.

lack of sleep has let to me becoming quite fuckig sick.

work isn't helping!

I've felt rough since last Thursday (actually during the fest)... My throat is scratchy, my nose is bunged most of the time. When it's not bunged, I am getting full-on nosebleeds.

Pretty sure I am gonna die.

Yep! Vertigo and chest infection here!

Both popped up on Wednesday, and fortunately the vertigo was only really bad for one day.  The phlegm is all kinds of attractive colours! Feeling a bit better now, but food has lost all attraction (I have an appetite, but everything tastes rubbish) and alcohol today rapidly made me feel a bit iffy.

One of my friends has suffered the vertigo a lot worse than me, so I imagine it's probably come down rather than illness, but who knows?

Edited by fowls

Was wondering about this since I've had a cold the last couple of days. I reckon it's the same kind of deal as Freshers Flu, where the increase in drinking, being around new people from all over the country/world, and (in the case of Glastonbury) poorer hygiene for five days, messes with your immune system. Think mine's just about passing now, should hopefully be gone in the next couple of days.