Places you never made it to

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also never made Strummerville.

Only made The Park and Cineramageddon after the Monday wander back on site after packing the car. Cineramageddon looked epic and I wish I'd made the effort now.

Just pretty much a brief walk through of The Wood, JP, and SH this year as well.

In thirteen festivals I've still never fount The Underground Piano Bar.

Despite all my pre-festival intentions of doing some of the exactly the same stuff I've done and enjoyed in previous years I didn't make it to Strummerville, Crows Nest, Avalon or West Holts.  Only excuse I can think of is that I appeared to be in some time warp continuum that made Friday morning to Sunday night seem to last about three hours.  Spent more time in areas that I've not experienced so much previously so no regrets though.  Still can't work out how I managed to miss out West Holts - I was supposed to be spending all Saturday there!

10 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Despite all my pre-festival intentions of doing some of the exactly the same stuff I've done and enjoyed in previous years I didn't make it to Strummerville, Crows Nest, Avalon or West Holts.  Only excuse I can think of is that I appeared to be in some time warp continuum that made Friday morning to Sunday night seem to last about three hours.  Spent more time in areas that I've not experienced so much previously so no regrets though.  Still can't work out how I managed to miss out West Holts - I was supposed to be spending all Saturday there!

I only found west holts in time for moderat on the Sunday. In fairness, it's my first Glastonbury, but still, it was a wicked spot and gutted I didn't spend more time there during the 5 days!

Despite saying I'm going to do it every year, I've never yet been to the Rabbit Hole.

I'm perfectly happy with what we managed to do this year though, had a couple of hours at Strummerville which turned out to be one of the highlights of the whole festival, chilled out there with a few drinks and lots of laughs, did the underground piano bar, and saw the festival from the high points N,S,E & W (Hill of death, Strummerville, CV West, and top of Michael's Mead).

9 hours ago, Bisque said:

I don't even know what Strummerville is?

I found the Stone Dragon thanks to wizend old warlock I was camped with during the peace sign.

Strummerville is essentially a fire pit in the trees with a small stage. Not far from the stone circle 

its moved a couple of times though the original I believe was somewhere in the south east corner, the stone is still there, I'm sure someone will have a pic 

I've still not been to the Rabbit Hole, tried to get in once a couple of years ago but queues were just way too big. Haven't been to the Woods either.

Not been to Arcadia properly at Glastonbury (walked past and looked etc) but saw it properly at RockNess. 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

First one to say Pyramid stage wins Glastonbury.

That was last year for me, other than walking past just before ELO. But 2017 was the most time I've spent at the Pyramid for years. What a cracking sounding stage!

This year was the first time since it started that I've been to the festival and not seen a single act at The Park Stage. Went through The Park area a few times Wed, Thurs + after hours. I love that stage, just the way the lineup fell this time.

53 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Strummerville is essentially a fire pit in the trees with a small stage. Not far from the stone circle 

its moved a couple of times though the original I believe was somewhere in the south east corner, the stone is still there, I'm sure someone will have a pic 

IMG_20170627_154210_446~01.jpg

Despite doing absolutely tons (I mean, I went to the Astrolabe twice), I still didn't manage Strummerville, Ribbon Tower, Rabbit Hole or piano bar. Did find Crows Nest though (albeit without actually watching anything in there). Have come to accept that these places just aren't important enough to me. Also, why queue to go up the ribbon tower when you can just walk up the (higher) hill behind it instead?!