Rate Your Festivals

FuzzyDunlop

From best to worst:

2017. This year was absolutely perfect for me

2013. I don't know why but i loved that year. I can't even remember who I saw!

2007. Despite the mud hell it was my first and I had so many unforgettable first-time experiences

2011. Seeing radiohead and pulp on the park and being interviewed by Adam and joe for 6 music made it special.

2009. Blur were amazing but nothing else really stood out for me that year. 

2010. Too hot! I got sunstroke.

2015. I was so unimpressed with 2015 I even took a year off in 2016.

That's difficult. My top 4 I think are about right. 07 being my worst is definitely right. The rest are all changeable really. This year would have been up there as one of the best. The weather make a huge difference and it was a good line up for me this year. Still gutted I couldn't get a ticket. 

My favourite day has to be Saturday 2013. There was something in the air that day. Could just sense the anticipation everywhere around the site, for the Stones. 

92 first Glastonbury, first festival, pre fence and totally opened my eyes to so many things

2011, first back after a long time away, treat for my 40th loved it!

93, second Glastonbury, bigger crowd had a great time

2016, probably my least favourite of the 4 purely down to the weather

2017 - Some of the best bands, people and weather this year. The best weekend of my life, let alone best Glastonbury.

2013 - A golden maiden Glastonbury. Arctic Monkeys and Rolling Stones will live long in the memory.

2015 - A dreamy Suede set and Lionel Richie killing it on Sunday.

2014 - A pinch yourself moment watching boyhood heroes Metallica headline inbetween Crystal Fighters dominating amid an electric storm.

2016 - Only had one genuinely enjoyeable headliner in Coldplay as the sticky mud made it a real slog.

Different answer tomorrow, probably.

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

2017 - Some of the best bands, people and weather this year. The best weekend of my life, let alone best Glastonbury.

2013 - A golden maiden Glastonbury. Arctic Monkeys and Rolling Stones will live long in the memory.

2015 - A dreamy Suede set and Lionel Richie killing it on Sunday.

2014 - A pinch yourself moment watching boyhood heroes Metallica headline inbetween Crystal Fighters dominating amid an electric storm.

2016 - Only had one genuinely enjoyeable headliner in Coldplay as the sticky mud made it a real slog.

Different answer tomorrow, probably.

Ha pretty much same, tough between 13 and 15 for me, had a better time at 15 due to company but 13 my first and opened my eyes to a world outside of Reading Festival, plus I crowdsurfed at AM, they were incredible. 

A lot of people seem to have 2016 low down. I think its the headliners that done it for me though, despite the weather. Underworld, New Order and LCD were fucking great.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

A lot of people seem to have 2016 low down. I think its the headliners that done it for me though, despite the weather. Underworld, New Order and LCD were fucking great.

That's who I saw but besides those and Tame Impala it was mostly poor on the whole. LCD were fucking great and saved it from being completely shit but the conditions made everything a lot more difficult. 

2010 - great weather, good laugh with mates...still my fave festival ever

2008 - good mates, good drugs, a lot of us went, fairly good weather, Jay-Z was interesting..

2004 - first one!

2005 - good laugh with a small group of us despite the thursday night downpour

2009 - good crowd of mates and decent line up

2016 - had a good laugh with new friends despite bad weather.

2013- good weather, but recall it missing that spark that year for me for some unknown reason

2017 - good weather and enjoyed saturday, but family health problems with my dad overshadowed it.

2015 - good laugh as i recall, but only two of us managed to get tickets so wasn't the usual blast we usually have

2014 - was decent enough but over indulged on the thursday night and spent a lot of friday ill in my tent!

2011- weather nearly ruined it, and i was having personal problems at the time which meant i didn't really enjoy it.

2007- weather ruined it...thank god for drugs.

Approximate order, some memories merge together after all this time:

2004 (Terrible, was desperate to leave on the Saturday, easily my worst. Thankfully I didn't quit on Glastonbury, I could have, we were camped halfway between the Glade and the old BBC1 stage, it was armageddon. I always walk past the spot we camped which is now open ground and laugh)

This year runs 2015 very close, but a couple of things just hand the gold medal to 2 years ago. I think if I'd have stuck to my original plan of #rightbazza and Chic instead of The Killers, and Radiohead had played Reckoner it may have changed my decision, but as we are 2015 just wins. Slim lines.

Lionel played a blinder and my top 2 Glasto sets ever (Hot Chip and Caribou) made it a stellar year. That Friday was the best day I've ever had on The Farm. 

The next 3 are close together, had a great time at all, despite the indifferent weather for 2009 and 2007. 

2011 I didn't have a great time. We went with our usual group of mates, but it was clear half of them were clearly over "festival life". Brought the whole mood of the camp down with the constant moaning. Chemical Brothers were ace though, the best of the 3 times I've seen them at Glasto. 

Glad my last 2 festivals have been my best ones yet! Here's to 2019 making the top spot! 

2011 (my first, so always hallowed)

2017 (A classic, almost my favourite, wish i had explored more)

2014 (Arcade Fire - my favourite set ever)

2015 (Shoddy headliner wise but great year otherwise)

2013 (Music fell a bit flat for me that year)

2016 (Slugfest, weather ruined it but the headliners were great)