Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Glastonbury 2020

23 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Is 2020 supposed to Michael's farewell to involvement?

no idea, but i can't really see him not involved. He's not the sort of guy to take a back seat, I think.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hip hop is crap old son. ;)

Trying to put something for every one.. Lol for some strange reason I would watch Eminem lol.. 

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay

Oasis

Beyonce

I doubt you'll get Beyonce, I wouldn't rule out Oasis but Coldplay is stick for me and I'm still going for Blur. I'm also going for a Pulp sub set with them returning for some shows that year.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I doubt you'll get Beyonce, I wouldn't rule out Oasis but Coldplay is stick for me and I'm still going for Blur. I'm also going for a Pulp sub set with them returning for some shows that year.

I think they'd look bigger than just a Britpop revival weekender for the 50th anniversary.

Coldplay are a given, doubt anyone is going to argue with that one. They'll want a major current star for a set and they don't come bigger than Beyoncé, she's done it before and could be tempted back. Then a reformed Oasis off the back of their 2019 reunion shows would be a coup.

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay

Oasis

Beyonce

Only issue is all three of those have headlined the festival before. I think they'll get at least 1 new headliner in, so I'd replace Beyonce with Madonna.

It's been a few years since they've had a rapper now. Could someone like Emineim or Drake be in with a shout of one of the slots?

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

It's been a few years since they've had a rapper now. Could someone like Emineim or Drake be in with a shout of one of the slots?

I reckon Drake is a decent shout for 2019. Doubt Eminem will ever do it, but Kendrick could be a possibility on his next album cycle which would probably be around 2020/2021.

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Eminem no chance, partly because his lyrics and content are hardly in line with the messages Glastonbury promotes....

...but mainly because he's shit.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think they'd look bigger than just a Britpop revival weekender for the 50th anniversary.

Coldplay are a given, doubt anyone is going to argue with that one. They'll want a major current star for a set and they don't come bigger than Beyoncé, she's done it before and could be tempted back. Then a reformed Oasis off the back of their 2019 reunion shows would be a coup.

If they reunite for shows next year then yes

Coldplay are a given, doubt anyone is going to argue with that one.

I would. It’s too soon. I don’t believe Nick or Emily or the band themselves could think otherwise.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would. It’s too soon. I don’t believe Nick or Emily or the band themselves could think otherwise.

They're the house band and it's the 50th anniversary.

They're playing.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They're playing.

They might play if they want to, but I’d sooner expect them to throw in a secret set like The Killers did last year over yet another headline slot. They’re having to try their hardest to have the performances not blur into one at this point.

I’m sure the festival doesn’t like to think of itself as having a house band headliner who does it whenever they please and I just can’t see them having agreed Coldplay’s return while they were the last headliner to walk off the Pyramid Stage.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just can’t see them having agreed Coldplay’s return while they were the last headliner to walk off the Pyramid Stage.

have you forgotten that the festival happened in 2017?

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

have you forgotten that the festival happened in 2017?

Yes. But I’m referring to the fact Emily said in April this year that they’d agreed (provisionally, I guess) 2020 with two headliners. 

They're playing.

I'm inclined to agree.  Not only are they the house band, but they are really, really massive.  And to be fair to them, their actual performances always go down about 10x better than the announcement they're playing.

As long as Muse never play the same year as them, I'm happy.  Actually, I'd be happier if Muse never play again, but it's a big site, etc, etc.

After another successful album could Foals headline? They obviously respect the festival and visa versa

Image may contain: text

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

After another successful album could Foals headline? They obviously respect the festival and visa versa

Image may contain: text

If they get their album out this year then they've got a chance for 19, but they would be an incredibly underwhelming headliner for the big one.

Personally I think they blew their headline chances when they subbed, it was underwhelming.

I don’t think they blew their chances but they could’ve sealed it there. I think they’ll still do it but it should be 2019 given that this album is set to come out in the next year or so.

Back to the topic at hand; did anyone see the recent announcement for Isle of Wight’s 50th anniversary? Friendly reminder to temper those expectations.

Edited by dentalplan

I was convinced Foals' forth album would catapult them to headliner, it lacked the progression the third showed though so subbing was fair. If they can pull something out of the bag I can see them headlining at some point. 

Realistically they've used all the big guns already now haven't they? Unless they get Mecca back if he's still performing at that point I'm more intrigued by the people getting bumped up to headline the years either side and the undercards they can get coz it's the 50th than any of the headliners. Do any of the suggestions in this thread make anyone even raise their eyebrows at this point?