Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Glastonbury 2020

By stating "they've booked two headliners already" one will almost certainly be...

Mik Artistic...

So who's the other one?

Pryamid - Killers, Coldplay, G&R - with Elton as legends slot.

Other - Stormzy, Steve Aoki, Rudamental.

West Holts - Sean Paul, Chic, Sister Bliss.

Various - Fat boy slim (as you can't have Glasto without FBS turning up everywhere).

I'd love Queen and Adam Lambert to play but with the "Badger" issue I suspect that'll be a definite no.

You might as well call the other stage the rap and Grim stage lol

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2017 at 7:38 PM, guypjfreak said:

You might as well call the other stage the rap and Grim stage lol

Not sure if that was a typo or intentional but either way... have an upvote! :lol: 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Not sure if that was a typo or intentional but either way... have an upvote! :lol: 

Why thank you sir.. No typo mistake.. It's Grim is that grime lol

hoping the Doves re - form, have a massive no 1 album and then headline 

one can dream

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Mendip County Council will extend the live amplified music licence on the Pyramid stage to Thursday. It'd be rude not too wouldn't it? Would love a Thursday bash on the Pyramid.

1 hour ago, willutalk said:

Hopefully Mendip County Council will extend the live amplified music licence on the Pyramid stage to Thursday. It'd be rude not too wouldn't it? Would love a Thursday bash on the Pyramid.

They used to, pretty sure i remember seeing Roger Chapman (Family) on Thursday night in 82, very drunk & using a cardboard shoe box as a tambourine. Voice was spot on though.

Whilst pissed on the way home from The National last night I came to the irrefutable conclusion that the two acts here are Oasis and Led Zeppelin. To book that far in advance it must be acts who are discussing reformation plans, existing acts wouldn't know yet where 2020 will fit into an album cycle at this stage.

The timeline for Oasis especially makes perfect sense:

Late 2017 - Both brothers release solo records

2018 - Solo tours

Late 2018 - Announce reunion

2019 - Lucrative money spinning shows at Heaton/Knebworth/Wembley

2020 - Glastonbury.

We are through the looking glass here people.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Whilst pissed on the way home from The National last night I came to the irrefutable conclusion that the two acts here are Oasis and Led Zeppelin. To book that far in advance it must be acts who are discussing reformation plans, existing acts wouldn't know yet where 2020 will fit into an album cycle at this stage.

nah. You're taking what Emily said to me as absolutely certain bookings, when I very much doubt they are. I suspect they're much more likely to be loose agreements, where people have said "yeah, we'll do that" but whether it really happens will be decided nearer the time.

The history of the fest, via stuff Michael and Emily have said at various points, suggests that sort of thing happens all the time (tho that could be the consequence of Michael telling porkies, I guess) and i know from convos with the senior booker that those sorts of exploratory conversations can happen for a decade or more before you see that band at the festival.

For example, I asked over a decade ago if there were convos happening with the foos (cos i'd heard something about some convos) - and was told that there had been regular convos for years and one day they might lead somewhere.

I'd also suggest that the sorts of acts who would be willing to make that long-in-advance loose commitment would be working bands, rather than bands that don't really exist - so my guesses for 2020 would be much more the likes of Coldplay and The Killers or even Roger Waters or (no 'and') Dave Gilmour, than the non-existent Oasis or Led Zep. 

(having said that, I can buy into the idea of a LZ commitment this far in advance much more than I could from the Gallaghers ... but even then I'd say it was just about impossible).

Don't forget as well that this far in advance Emily will have to be flattering smaller bands that are still on the up by suggesting that they might do it, just in case they hit the top in the next year or two (tho I doubt these were the sorts of acts she was meaning with what she said to me).

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah. You're taking what Emily said to me as absolutely certain bookings, when I very much doubt they are. I suspect they're much more likely to be loose agreements, where people have said "yeah, we'll do that" but whether it really happens will be decided nearer the time.

The history of the fest, via stuff Michael and Emily have said at various points, suggests that sort of thing happens all the time (tho that could be the consequence of Michael telling porkies, I guess) and i know from convos with the senior booker that those sorts of exploratory conversations can happen for a decade or more before you see that band at the festival.

For example, I asked over a decade ago if there were convos happening with the foos (cos i'd heard something about some convos) - and was told that there had been regular convos for years and one day they might lead somewhere.

I'd also suggest that the sorts of acts who would be willing to make that long-in-advance loose commitment would be working bands, rather than bands that don't really exist - so my guesses for 2020 would be much more the likes of Coldplay and The Killers or even Roger Waters or (no 'and') Dave Gilmour, than the non-existent Oasis or Led Zep. 

(having said that, I can buy into the idea of a LZ commitment this far in advance much more than I could from the Gallaghers ... but even then I'd say it was just about impossible).

Don't forget as well that this far in advance Emily will have to be flattering smaller bands that are still on the up by suggesting that they might do it, just in case they hit the top in the next year or two (tho I doubt these were the sorts of acts she was meaning with what she said to me).

It made perfect sense in my beer-addled head at 1am last night.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It made perfect sense in my beer-addled head at 1am last night.

everything makes sense with beer. :D

I don't think there's any chance Zeppelin will play Glastonbury. They nailed it at the O2 and made up for previous lacklustre reunion performances. I don't think they'd risk their reputation going out live on BBC.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

I don't think there's any chance Zeppelin will play Glastonbury. They nailed it at the O2 and made up for previous lacklustre reunion performances. I don't think they'd risk their reputation going out live on BBC.

The crusher of hope... :D