Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Glastonbury 2020

50th anniversary. Do we think they'll do anything special for it? Is there anyone who absolutely must be on the bill.

Apparently two of the headliners have already been booked for 2020, who are so massive they can be booked 3 years in advance without any concern about dwinding popularity? Oasis? Elton John? Fleetwood Mac? Queen + Adam Lambert? Bob Dylan? Neil Young? Usher? Arctic Monkeys? Arcade Fire? Madonna? Kylie Minogue? Bon Jovi? ABBA? 

Edited by battleborn

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Apparently two of the headliners have already been booked for 2020, who are so massive they can be booked 3 years in advance without any concern about dwinding popularity?

Usual festival (well, Eavis) bollocks repeated every year that I can remember. 

1 minute ago, UEF said:

Usual festival (well, Eavis) bollocks repeated every year that I can remember. 

So you reckon they haven't actually booked two headliners? Why would they lie about?

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

So you reckon they haven't actually booked two headliners? Why would they lie about?

Rule number 1 about Glastonbury line up speculation: never trust what Michael Eavis says.

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Rule number 1 about Glastonbury line up speculation: never trust what Michael Eavis says.

So Pink Floyd are nailed on headliners then seen as he's explicitly ruled them out? I think I'm getting the hang of this.

• Downvote 2

Just now, rubenz said:

Now your talking

If they got back together now, they might actually be big enough by 2020 with two killer albums (one in 2018 and one in 2019; called Until This, Until Then or something equally formulaic), but we've had that discussion elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lord Buckethead vs Buckethead ex Guns n Roses - celebrity boxing at 3am on the truth stage.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, battleborn said:

If they got back together now, they might actually be big enough by 2020 with two killer albums (one in 2018 and one in 2019; called Until This, Until Then or something equally formulaic), but we've had that discussion elsewhere. 

I was being slightly facetious :D I did go to their final show at the mk bowl for some reason mind.

Imagine the scenes with the three portly Swedes pointing their fingers aloft as don't you worry child fills the pyramid field!

Just now, rubenz said:

I was being slightly facetious :D I did go to their final show at the mk bowl for some reason mind.

Imagine the scenes with the three portly Swedes pointing their fingers aloft as don't you worry child fills the pyramid field!

I know you were being facetious hence the "might actually". I'm well aware I'm alone in the cold in thinking they deserve to headline, but 100,000 people singing don't you worry child would be incredible. Could you imagine this at the pyramid

18 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I know you were being facetious hence the "might actually". I'm well aware I'm alone in the cold in thinking they deserve to headline, but 100,000 people singing don't you worry child would be incredible. Could you imagine this at the pyramid

I don't want to imagine this at the Pyramid

• Upvote 1

Steve Angello is aight. Bun the other 2 shit c**ts.

Infact bun Steve Angello as well, throw Prydz on there with EPIC 7.0 or whatever itll be by then and I'm happy

• Upvote 1

Swedish House Mafia are the absolute antithesis of a Glastonbury headliner. It'll be a sad day if charlatans like them or Calvis Harris are genuinely considered. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, rubenz said:

And not a pair of headphones to be seen.

28 minutes ago, battleborn said:

In fairness I think 100,000 people trying to work out The Fall would be incredible. Imagine this on the Pyramid

I might be in a slight minority mind.

it's bizzare how SHM have suddenly taken over so many threads in here, they're obviously due a comeback and this forum has been infiltrated by an alternative marketing company.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

it's bizzare how SHM have suddenly taken over so many threads in here, they're obviously due a comeback and this forum has been infiltrated by an alternative marketing company.

It's just one guy trolling.

9 minutes ago, JamboNelly said:

Usher??????

Is this a joke?!?

Nope. Imagine this on the pyramid;

• Downvote 1

Steps? Spice Girls?

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

And not a pair of headphones to be seen.

Only one guy I want to see wearing headphones on the Pyramid in 2020.

IMG_4978.PNG