Kate Tempest - Extraordinary

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smashed it.

A million miles better than 2015 and she was the highlight of my festival then.

I remember hearing her on 6Music about 10 years ago when she went by Excentral Tempest. Can't say I paid too much attention until Everybody Down came out but she always stayed lodged in my mind for some reason.

Our saviour.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just watched People's Faces on the telly. Even bigger reaction than last time.

Incidentally, I reckon she'd be much happier if she moved out of London!

That's true for all of us in London I reckon...but I have no idea where I would go.

I interviewed Kate years ago, she's probably the most intelligent, honest and passionate person I've ever spoken with. 

8 hours ago, morethanaphelan said:

That's true for all of us in London I reckon...but I have no idea where I would go.

I interviewed Kate years ago, she's probably the most intelligent, honest and passionate person I've ever spoken with. 

Not me, I love living in London. 

Though I would love to move to whitstable I must admit.

Have seen Kate twice. Once at G2015 at The Park - her set was so emotional and the crowd were totally up for it. Bought a couple of her CDs as a result, love them. The second time I saw her was a few months later at Camp Bestival 2015 where, let's just say, the crowd didn't 'get' her (they loved Professor Green though - enough said! :blink:). 

Gutted I missed her set at WH. Have watched it back on iPlayer. Phenomenal.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just watched People's Faces on the telly. Even bigger reaction than last time.

Incidentally, I reckon she'd be much happier if she moved out of London!

As Londoner who never thought he'd leave, but then did, I heartily agree.

London is a wondrous place, but until you get away for a while it's hard to see the everyday stresses that really exhaust you mentally and physically.

Best thing I ever did. Bit odd living somewhere so overwhelmingly white though.

Just watched the West Holts show, made curious by this thread.  Ooomph...  I admire what she does.  Her commentary is spot on, she raises all the right issues and some of it is very recognizable to me (I am a carer who works double shifts and nights, I suffer high rent and an unsympathetic landlord - I sleep okay though thankfully), but I found this tough to sit through.  

You can't beat Glastonbury for variety and am pleased she had such a good slot.  The audience seemed really into it.  I found it heavy to get through and have a headache now!

Edited by Watergirl

• 3 weeks later...

This might have been mentioned but I found a video of her doing strong and stable into ruin, performed a few days before Grenfell, along with the line - "let the nurses burn, along with every other resident who voices their concern"

so scarily prophetic 

Watched the full set on iPlayer last night knowing it will be gone in a few days. I was in pieces by the end watching People's Faces. Think it goes either tomorrow or Monday so last chance to watch! 

this was one of best things I've seen in a very very long time and stretching back many many glastos. Perfectly pitched for the current climate and like many others have said, I walked away utterly shell shocked by its intensity, and by her brilliance. She is very special indeed

ps and also the only performance I've watched back so far where I've seen myself on tv!