Stolen acoustic guitar from my tent at Glasto

alexiky

14 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Up until I want to go to sleep, people can play guitars in campsites all they like. Even drivel like Oasis. But as soon as I want to go to sleep, you need to cease. Or I might exercise my right to shove it up your arse, either neck-first or body-first, depending on what you're playing. 

good luck on getting it back though OP! 

best comment thus far :rofl: hope this lad gets it back without any bodily fluids on either end 

9 hours ago, UEF said:

Sitting up at the stone circle with a guitar and some likeminded collaborators is one of the most 'Glasto' things one can do in my opinion.

That said I've gone from tent, to awkwardly storing mine in the lockups, to not bringing them this year... too scared :(

If you asked me 3 years ago, i would have not got this. After putting a bit of time/effort in and now, still not being very good, getting better , but can strum a few tunes... I get this big time.

It was a dillema ive had for the first time this year, i really want to be able to just sit and strum in solitude somewhere, if people wanna sit and jam thats fine too, but just for that feeling of making music somewhere magical. It was logistically imlossible and not having a hard case stopped me.  Im going to get a uke for affordability and transport. Id have a little more security as i would be in a workers camp site tho.

So yeah, understand why the op brought it. Hope it finds its way back, i feel your loss as i missed mine for a week at glasto never mind being nicked. As pointed out, shit thing to steal as you wont get much for it as its an obvious nicked item. 

Have you contacted worthy farm lost properties etc? Im sure you have.

Edited by garc1a

26 minutes ago, garc1a said:

It was a dillema ive had for the first time this year, i really want to be able to just sit and strum in solitude somewhere, if people wanna sit and jam thats fine too, but just for that feeling of making music somewhere magical. It was logistically imlossible and not having a hard case stopped me.  Im going to get a uke for affordability and transport. Id have a little more security as i would be in a workers camp site tho.

what I've always done is wrap the guitar in a throw rug and put inside a padded gig bag (not the thin sort)... that way you can wear it on your back if you're otherwise bringing in a trolley of stuff!

My nice acoustic is getting too dear to me though (the temperature changes, and occasional knocks by well-meaning wreck heads up at the stone circle aren't good for it) and I think I'll bring a cheapy in 2019

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

what I've always done is wrap the guitar in a throw rug and put inside a padded gig bag (not the thin sort)... that way you can wear it on your back if you're otherwise bringing in a trolley of stuff!

Had to go glasgow to london by train, then workers coach in. Ive seen the way they load the luggage compartment, didnt want to risk driver not letting it on the coach itself.. Its my baby, ill either have a hard case next year or will have a travel instrument.. Shit... Sad reminder, 2 year. :)

8 minutes ago, garc1a said:

Had to go glasgow to london by train, then workers coach in. Ive seen the way they load the luggage compartment, didnt want to risk driver not letting it on the coach itself.. Its my baby, ill either have a hard case next year or will have a travel instrument.. Shit... Sad reminder, 2 year. :)

Fair enough. I've only ever coached it once and I think I brought it onboard with me, that said maybe I didn't...!

I once slept next to someone with a steel drum, a beautiful thing to fall asleep to - the festival would be all the better if more people brought their own instruments and used them respectfully

OP I say don't blame yourself. It was great you brought a guitar to help the atmosphere at the festival and the thief is 100% to blame.

1 hour ago, garc1a said:

Remember this 

Don't need me to lecture you man.

12 Year old daughter lost iPhone rolling down the hill by Glastonbury sign post midnight.

Only realised later on.

Some dude had picked it up and was located in Stone Circle answered phone and brought it back.

Keep the faith. There are many good people out there.

In 2015 I was spangled on the Thurs and lost my phone somewhere. Gf text it saying if this is found, please call me. Watching Jack White on Sat and she gets a call saying I've got it, we meet him and he's even cleaned the mud off it, charged it up and wouldn't even accept a beer let alone anything else for it. There are more good eggs at Glastonbury than bad. Hopefully it turns up somewhere.