Stolen acoustic guitar from my tent at Glasto

alexiky

I had my guitar stolen from my tent at Hawkwell Camping ground. If anyone has seen this guitar or has any information, please let me know! It's small, almost Ukulele size. This guitar means so much to me (bought it from bolivia)  and i'd love to get it back. It came in a case, with a capo and slider in the pocket. - Thanks

1.jpg

Edited by alexiky

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

I only brought a uke this year but usually take a guitar. Loads of people do

Definitely should have used a lock up though 

Personally I can't stand guitars in campsites and hate anyone who brings them. This is mainly born out of years of hearing never-ending fucking Wonderwall covers at various festivals in the early 00's.

That's not the point though, I'd never take anything of either monetary or (especially) sentimental value with me to Glastonbury. It's just not worth the risk.

There isn't anything wrong with bringing a guitar - it is after all a music fest.

Admittedly, a lot of us have lived through the 'Wonderwall' era of busking (and the 'Walk of Life' era that preceded it) and it has scarred many of us. Back in the 90s before the SE corner and Silver Hayes, gathering around a camp fire with an acoustic and some tins was a common way to see in the early hours.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

There isn't anything wrong with bringing a guitar - it is after all a music fest.

Admittedly, a lot of us have lived through the 'Wonderwall' era of busking (and the 'Walk of Life' era that preceded it) and it has scarred many of us. Back in the 90s before the SE corner and Silver Hayes, gathering around a camp fire with an acoustic and some tins was a common way to see in the early hours.

It still is at the smaller festivals 

i didn't necessarily mean at camp either, we play out & about at festivals too, we're not exactly bad. You wouldn't catch me playing sodding wonderwall either 

It's not a particularly attractive item from a thief's point of view - wouldn't make much money in the local pub, plus too big to put in your pocket and you're more likely to be seen with it.   If you've been playing it at your campsite, I'd put money on it having been taken by a nearby camper and ditched somewhere else on site.  Therefore, there's a good chance of you getting it back if you contact lost property.

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I get that it's a music festival, but I attend to hear quality stuff performed by professionals. Not some pissed amateur with an out of tune acoustic and his mates bellowing Wonderwall at 3 in the morning.

This is just my opinion though, I appreciate most people feel differently.

Sitting up at the stone circle with a guitar and some likeminded collaborators is one of the most 'Glasto' things one can do in my opinion.

That said I've gone from tent, to awkwardly storing mine in the lockups, to not bringing them this year... too scared :(

I like to bring mine along for the open mikes, it was fun playing the Oxfam mini pyramid by WG!  Did busk on the railway track once, wouldn't recommend it!

Although, some shifty geezer was on the rob for it while I was waiting for the bus home.  "Can I have a go?"  "What you gonna play?"  silence.  Impure intentions!  Otherwise it lived in the lockups.

3 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

IMG_6390.JPG

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Any chance one your neighbours became annoyed at you playing it? 

I would be gutted if I camped next to someone who had brought an acoustic guitar. 

This is why I stopped bringing mine :D

2 hours ago, alexiky said:

I had my guitar stolen from my tent at Hawkwell Camping ground. If anyone has seen this guitar or has any information, please let me know! It's small, almost Ukulele size. This guitar means so much to me (bought it from bolivia)  and i'd love to get it back. It came in a case, with a capo and slider in the pocket. - Thanks

1.jpg

Hi - my 12 year old daughter was given one looks like this from 2 teens in Family camping Monday Morning, I am at work at the moment but will take a pic later and post hope it is yours :)

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I get that it's a music festival, but I attend to hear quality stuff performed by professionals. Not some pissed amateur with an out of tune acoustic and his mates bellowing Wonderwall at 3 in the morning.

This is just my opinion though, I appreciate most people feel differently.

I knew that wouldn't be popular.

10 hours ago, alexiky said:

1.jpg

Sorry mate just checked it against your pic it sadly is  not yours :(

Up until I want to go to sleep, people can play guitars in campsites all they like. Even drivel like Oasis. But as soon as I want to go to sleep, you need to cease. Or I might exercise my right to shove it up your arse, either neck-first or body-first, depending on what you're playing. 

good luck on getting it back though OP!