Campervans! When did you arrive and where were you put?

nicknoxx

We arrived at about midnight on Tuesday with a General CV ticket and got directed to E 14 but didnt fancy it, so drove about a bit (stewards seemed very thin on the ground) and eventually ended up on the road again and had to re-do the blue road route! We talked our way into Family camping and ended up in E 23 which was better.

Too near the loo's and next door had a baby that cried for two hours non stop every morning, but hey, you cant have everything :)

We arrived around midnight on Wed, after being misdirected into hire cv area, eventually parked in E25 family camping. Closest we've ever been to gate C. I think this is the first year 'family' has been an option when buying cv tickets, but in previous years we've been asked on arrival if we wanted to be in general or family area.

50 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

We arrived around midnight on Wed, after being misdirected into hire cv area, eventually parked in E25 family camping. Closest we've ever been to gate C. I think this is the first year 'family' has been an option when buying cv tickets, but in previous years we've been asked on arrival if we wanted to be in general or family area.

We've always been asked what we wanted too, and the fields closest to the top of the hill appeared to be officially family fields when looking at the map, but in reality it didn't make much difference. Will definitely be trying for a family pass next time round. The kids are all tiny so no question as to whether or not we constitute a family. The only advantage to being in E17 was the sheer size of our pitch. We've never had so much room! Oh, and the dubious E17 songs running through my head. 

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Out of interest, does anyone know how much it costs to rent a campervan?

Was thinking of hiring one for Bestival next year…

For a week in summer you are looking at £1000 - I am not sure many companies that would rent for a long weekend in the summer