Campervans! When did you arrive and where were you put?

nicknoxx

Tried to warn you!

See if the company have a pop up gazebo for you. Really handy to have it set up outside the door.

Don't buy too much food with the intention of cooking. You won't and its a pain in the arse to clean, get water etc and takes up valuable time that you should be using within the festival itself. 

Try get into E20, E21 or E23. Tell them you have either a bad leg, a baby and mum arriving tomorrow or that you have contracted AIDS.

If they put you in E15, E16 or E17, kill yourself immediately.  

1 hour ago, nicknoxx said:

We got there nice and early, about 11:45 am on Tuesday and were put the the furthest corner of E17 which was a 25 minute walk to gate C.

How did people get to camp near the gate?

55 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Tried to warn you!

Those driving the vehicle in arrived at the same time and got East 17.

But I was told that this year there was a new East Family Ticket or something? This meant some got to go closer? I have no idea about these things though

we arrived about 12:30 on Tuesday and parked  nearer the back of E17 about 3 rows in from the main track...

E16 was virtually full by the evening.

to be honest it was a 10 minute walk to our preferred spot in E19 and so not bad at all..

Obviously the fields to the left of the road (E19-E25) were designated as 'family' and you needed the appropriate ticket.

hooked up and pulled away at 07:30 and was on the A37 at 07:43 (record time)

We arrived around 9.15am Tues and were sent straight to E20, although we one of the first so were put at the back. Result, and I've been lucky enough to be in this same field for over 10 years now but then I've always taken my kids as well as this year purchasing the appropriate family ticket. This field is my second home!

Arrived about 3.30 am Weds and we were put in E15 and the far right hand side.

Lovely spot and the walk in was never an issue.

Had mates in Big Ground and spent a lot of time there and they looked after stuff for us.

First time in CV since the 90's . My neighbour had just bought his van so although I am technically inept I helped him out with " how does toilet work and why won't my plugs work ? " 

QUIET AS FUCK apart from some blokes doing nos nearby !!!!

Edited by ivan

West is a doddle. Arrived 12.30pm on tuesday.  Third row back and only 150 yrds from gate. Even if located at back of second field you'd never be far from gate.Left 12.30pm on monday and only took thirty minutes to get off site. Very good till A303 chaos which I managed to mainly avoid with countryside detours. One very serious gripe though. Freshwater tap being located with the waste disposal tanks. Not hygenic and people were cleansing their elson waste tanks with freshwater hose.:o Have two of our party with sickness and diahorea and am wondering if this is a possible cause.!!!! Obviously we stopped using as drinking water after somebody helpfully put up a sign letting us know what it was being used for. , Many thanks to this person as i'm sure more illness was avoided.:D

2 hours ago, nicknoxx said:

We got there nice and early, about 11:45 am on Tuesday and were put the the furthest corner of E17 which was a 25 minute walk to gate C.

How did people get to camp near the gate?

Just before us, and we were also sent to E17. It was a killer! The stewards at the gate where we usually turn left took a few minutes looking at our sticker before directing us to turn right. I guess it was because we hadn't bought 'family' camping. 

There were a lot of vans in E20 and E19 etc that were groups of adults, whereas we were most definitely a family with small children. If 'family' campervan passes are going to be a thing, shouldn't there be a stipulation that at least one member of the group must be a child (as classed by the festival, so 12 and under)?

20 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Had a mate parked in E15, had a wander out there and it was fine really - nice and peaceful. Might have a bash at a CV West ticket in 2019: anyone got an insight into how that was? 

I too am contemplating CV West. Having only known CV East, I've not been overly attracted to the West side. We spend most of our time during the day over on the East side; Kidz field, green crafts, green kids etc. How accessible is CV West from any of the main areas at night? Will we be heading against the flow towards the SE Corner? If we're at the pyramid, which route to get 'home'?

23 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Had a mate parked in E15, had a wander out there and it was fine really - nice and peaceful. Might have a bash at a CV West ticket in 2019: anyone got an insight into how that was? 

West is a doddle. Arrived 12.30pm on tuesday.  Third row back and only 150 yrds from gate. Even if located at back of second field you'd never be far from gate.Left 12.30pm on monday and only took thirty minutes to get off site. Very good till A303 chaos which I managed to mainly avoid with countryside detours. One very serious gripe though. Freshwater tap being located with the waste disposal tanks. Not hygenic and people were cleansing their elson waste tanks with freshwater hose.:o Have two of our party with sickness and diahorea and am wondering if this is a possible cause.!!!! Obviously we stopped using as drinking water after somebody helpfully put up a sign letting us know what it was being used for. , Many thanks to this person as i'm sure more illness was avoided.:D

Getting through the dedicated gate at West is also what appeals to me - no three hour wait to get wristbanded on Wednesday morning. The hill isn't a problem, that doesn't bother me - I'd not worry about the walk in either, that'd be fine. I do fancy the west over the east though, much quieter looking 

Edited by balti-pie

2 minutes ago, Wondermum said:

I too am contemplating CV West. Having only known CV East, I've not been overly attracted to the West side. We spend most of our time during the day over on the East side; Kidz field, green crafts, green kids etc. How accessible is CV West from any of the main areas at night? Will we be heading against the flow towards the SE Corner? If we're at the pyramid, which route to get 'home'?

CV west is excellent for Cinemrageddon, good for Arcadia, The Other Stage and the Park. Pyramid acceptable. With what you've listed as your 'favourites' I'd say you probably are better off with East CV. But I spent many years in East CV but have gone West for the last two Glastonburys and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the 'otherside' more.Completely different perspective and fun had Re-Learning my way around.

Forgot to mention the ease of entering for first time on Wednesday. Absolutely no waiting when I wandered through at 10am.:D

I hope you all forget about this by 2019 as I shall want a ticket for myself and they can be tricky to get. Remember the the drinking water issues is my advice ;)

West was great. First Glasto and first cv. Arrived 5 am wed morning and put in bottom left of second field, 30 seconds from water tap. Pretty much split on the toilets but ours seemed to be constantly clean where's the other fields toilets took the brunt of both fields use before entering site. By pure chance we were a couple of rows back from friends and I think we were the noisy ones in our teardrop camper and Prince Philip wheelbarrow 

Will be cvw for sure next time. In my own camper

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

In the holding field at 1.30, on site 2.15, edge of E17 by the track from the car parks.

Got that Stevie Nicks tune in my head now B)

We arrived about 8pm on the Wednesday and were in the bottom end of E14, so not too bad in terms of the walk in and back every day. Nice and quite and we timed it one morning as 20 minutes from van to WG. We were a bit far from the water taps though.

We stayed - 3 CVs - the Monday night at a very convenient pub car park, as soon as I saw online the gates had opened around 8:30am Tuesday morning we were on the move, parked up at the front of E18 in minutes, I think the closest we could get for regular CVs. Driving in was just great, there was no other CV in sight until we came to the ticket entry, where the queue was 3 CVs deep! Drove out 2:45am Monday morning, so least time for entry/exit ever, 20 mins in, 10 mins out.