Jump to content
maelzoid

Who should reform?

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

  1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

    • Abba
      28
    • Pink Floyd
      28
    • Led Zeppelin
      58
    • The Smiths
      48
    • Oasis
      25
    • Talking Heads
      21
    • Sex Pistols
      2
    • White Stripes
      14
    • The Jam
      7
    • R.E.M.
      39
    • Swedish House Mafia
      5
    • other (and let us know who)
      13


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I had absolutely no idea who Suburban Lawns were & then this just got recommended to me on youtube... 

That's how they found me too. Being watched by Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Mansun

Unlikely for now unfortunately, Paul Draper's solo album due out soon (though think it's just EP1 and EP2 combined).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I actually caught a wee nit of their (only previous?) slot at the G

Don't know how best to summarise it, unfortunately. 

I walked past the Other when they were on and I can say without hesitation or hyperbole that they were the worst thing I've ever seen on that stage. And I've seen the Kaisers on there. Thrice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I actually caught a wee nit of their (only previous?) slot at the G

Don't know how best to summarise it, unfortunately. 

They can only have been around for one Glastonbury I think.

That was a pretty remarkable rise and fall - I think even the music press were like "we can't even prop these shiters up". A shame now that they didn't feel the same way about Van McCann's Porridge Pistoleros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They can only have been around for one Glastonbury I think.

That was a pretty remarkable rise and fall - I think even the music press were like "we can't even prop these shiters up". A shame now that they didn't feel the same way about Van McCann's Porridge Pistoleros.

I suppose that'll be because, unlike Cann McVan, Fred and George Viva weren't the reincarnation of Oscar Wilde, Nina Simone, and Jimi Hendrix all rolled into one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I walked past the Other when they were on and I can say without hesitation or hyperbole that they were the worst thing I've ever seen on that stage. And I've seen the Kaisers on there. Thrice.

You obviously didn't have the misfortune of walking past Mika in 2007. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You obviously didn't have the misfortune of walking past Mika in 2007. 

Why didn't you like it? Why didn't you love it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2017 at 4:46 PM, Toilet Duck said:

Eh? Nothing from Monster, New Adventures in Hifi or Up? are you mad! Some of R.E.M.'s best work came after AFTP...

New Adventures in HiFi is my fave album of there's, another vote for REM from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell that sounds like the shittest thing ever. Before I clicked on it I thought to myself "absolute banter if Smith #3 is Craig Gannon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fucking hell that sounds like the shittest thing ever. Before I clicked on it I thought to myself "absolute banter if Smith #3 is Craig Gannon"

Surprised it's not their lawyer.

I'm guessing #WrongSmiths is the reason why Glasto have Hacienda Classical coming back next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Surprised it's not their lawyer.

I'm guessing #WrongSmiths is the reason why Glasto have Hacienda Classical coming back next year.

#RightSmiths would be The Smyths ye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

#RightSmiths would be The Smyths ye?

Robert, Patti, Mark E., Willard

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rush.

I'm still hopeful.

Retired because touring is knackering should not equate to no more studio recordings.

You don't even have to be together in the same studio these days guys.

 

 

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Rush.

I'm still hopeful.

Retired because touring is knackering should not equate to no more studio recordings.

You don't even have to be together in the same studio these days guys.

 

 

I'm quite happy for bands to reform by those sorts of modern methods. That is, recording seperately and so on, but it's a bit much if they're a young band. Bands with an average age under 55, reform in this way all the time, and I don't think it's right. They come back and they hype themselves as; a slightly older version of what they once were. They claim they're individual members are reckless, dishevelled and whimsically hyperactive. Or that they have just been to rehab and they need to get they're life on track. This doesn't seem to be an honest way of doing things. Most of the time all the band members marraiges are still intact and they're children have been firmly entrenched in some of Britains, top private schools, for years. All these things happen to members of bands, like this, without any break to family stability, or any financial hardship.

The point I'm making here is, if these free loaders can reform in this way, I don't see why bands like Rush, that are clearly just exhausted due to creative reasons; shouldn't do the same.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×