maelzoid

Who should reform?

Who should reform?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

5 hours ago, battleborn said:

You honestly saying you wouldn't go to it? Would be one hell of a singalong.

Can you tell that I detest all things Abba?

I love a good sing along but something about their songs really twists my nuts! Never had liked them. I even hate mini Abba aka Steps.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, payneruk said:

Can you tell that I detest all things Abba?

I love a good sing along but something about their songs really twists my nuts! Never had liked them. I even hate mini Abba aka Steps.

We can't all like everything I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah but imagine not liking Abba. Yer man's going to start saying he hates cake next.

In fairness, I only know a couple of Cake songs, and I don't know if I love them that much. Short Skirt Long Jacket is a decent tune

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mario man said:

Ha! I think it was Les who did the moaning after 92 as Jim has been back to play a couple of solo gigs - I saw him in 08 in the Left Field

Fair enough - then again it didn't stop Wiley coming back this year after slagging off the festival a few years ago.

In answer to the title thread I would have to say the church, it's been just about 4 centuries now. Long overdue in my humble opinion...!! 

• Upvote 1

Oasis for me. Probably wouldn't be as much of a surprise for people as The Smiths or Led Zep, but it would be one hell of a party seeing them live!

• Upvote 1

Rush. Of course.

Not technically totally split up, but definitely retired from touring apparently.

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Adam and the Ants.

For the legends slot.

Why? Why? Why?

Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue, Madonna and ABBA etc are still alive and you want to put Adam and the Ants on?

On a slide sideways shift, are Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams dated enough to qualify for the legends spot?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 504329lt said:

My Chemical Romance 

Whilst I agree they should reform. Would they play Glasto? 

35 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Why? Why? Why?

Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue, Madonna and ABBA etc are still alive and you want to put Adam and the Ants on?

On a slide sideways shift, are Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams dated enough to qualify for the legends spot?

For the legends slot. He was massive once and is wrongly overlooked.

The list you mentioned next are (bar one) not split up/retired as far as I know and all are still (probably) big enough to headline.

I'll agree with Bryan Adams for legend slot (or even higher). A truly great songwriter. A master of the pop tune. A great guitar composer. Reckless was hardly off my turntable the year it came out.

But if he does that Robin Hood tune he can do one.

From the ones not mentioned in that poll, Pulp or N.W.A. I think Pulp re-reuniting is almost certain. If The Libertines and Stone Roses could do two reunions with all the sheer animosity between members of those bands, then I don't see why Pulp wouldn't

Ice Cube has said that he's ready for an N.W.A. reunion, but Dr. Dre being something of a recluse has hindered it. You'd have thought something would have happened with the film the other year, but maybe that ship has sailed.

Pavement would be cool as well.

Out of the ones on that poll, The Smiths, R.E.M. or The Jam would be brilliant.

As I missed them headlining last time, I'd like to see The Verve reunite. I also thought Forth was a bloody great album so there's plenty of decent material since they last played. Luckily I did have the chance to see them at V. But there's no better place to see a band than the pyramid headliner.