Jump to content
maelzoid

Who should reform?

Who should reform?  

279 members have voted

  1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

    • Abba
      28
    • Pink Floyd
      26
    • Led Zeppelin
      52
    • The Smiths
      45
    • Oasis
      24
    • Talking Heads
      21
    • Sex Pistols
      2
    • White Stripes
      13
    • The Jam
      7
    • R.E.M.
      39
    • Swedish House Mafia
      5
    • other (and let us know who)
      13


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, battleborn said:

What would ABBAs set even look like; so hard to narrow it down. Maybe;

 

  1. Gimme Gimme
  2. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
  3. Fernando
  4. Waterloo
  5. Take a Chance on Me
  6. Knowing Me Knowing You
  7. Summer Night City
  8. When All Is Said Is Done
  9. Thank You For the Music
  10. Money. Money. Money
  11. The Name of the Game
  12. S.O.S 
  13. Hasta Manana
  14. Does Your Mother Know
  15. Lay All Your Love on Me
  16. The Winner Takes It All 
  17. Dancing Queen 

No Mamma Mia?

No Super Trouper?

No Voulez-Vous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No Mamma Mia?

No Super Trouper?

No Voulez-Vous?

Maybe that could be the encore :P . As I said, hard to narrow it down. Can't believe I forget Mamma Mia though.. obviously that would be in somewhere. If by some miracle they did reform and perform at Glastonbury, you'd have to feel very sorry for whoever was on the other stages, similar for Pink Floyd and Led Zepellin.

Edited by battleborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I's probably avoid it tbh. Nothing to do with Abba, but the crowds could be unbearable. Especially if it was Sunday and the chair w*nkers were in attendance.

I'd put up with it for Zep or Floyd though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

yea, that Roses thing has really tainted them for me, I did want new music off them at start but it took them 5 years to produce 2 shitty songs, 1 of which they still can't play live, and now it looks like they're splitting up again.  Smiths are infinitely more talented than the Roses but I would just worry something like that would happen as a result of a bust up

Have you read Johnny's book mate? Well worth a read as its fantastic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Think when they headlined in 1992, JB had a moan on stage about the place. Don't think they were invited back after that!

I once saw them play at my University Summer Ball, 3rd on the bill behind Let Loose and Sean Maguire. That was 4 years after they headlined Glastonbury.

Ha! I think it was Les who did the moaning after 92 as Jim has been back to play a couple of solo gigs - I saw him in 08 in the Left Field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PULP!

I feel it... I see it in my dreams

I feel like if there's any band out there who will reform out of nowhere and play shows (like Blur did in 2015)... Pulp win that title!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Pulp really a headline band in 2017? 

Edit - The question is who should reform and play not headline, so ignore me. I would be well up for Pulp reforming anyway, nevermind playing Glastonbury.

Edited by eastynh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Have you read Johnny's book mate? Well worth a read as its fantastic.

 

Not yet, but I have read Morrissey's and he's a moany fucker, so that's why I'm concerned :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Eh? Nothing from Monster, New Adventures in Hifi or Up? are you mad! Some of R.E.M.'s best work came after AFTP...

 

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Wot no Daysleeper? 

Well I'd rather hear the earlier stuff - i.e. before Green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get all of them together as a supergroup, the likes of which nobodies ever seen before. But instead of taking in turns to play each others songs all of them play as a set they they usually would just at the same time on the same stage. It'd sound really shite but it'd be a hell of a spectacle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam was good enough to convince me Oasis would be great (with the right setlist). 

Otherwise, KLF, Pulp and, even though they've not technically split up, Blur, to play some gigs that aren't Hyde Park 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Are Pulp really a headline band in 2017? 

Edit - The question is who should reform and play not headline, so ignore me. I would be well up for Pulp reforming anyway, nevermind playing Glastonbury.

No m8, they'll be a headline band in 2020 when they reform for the Glastonbury 50th.

I've seen reformed Pulp, Sleater-Kinney, and LCD Soundsystem put in properly amazing GOAT-level reunion gigs, so I'm all for them if they're good. If R.E.M. put in something that amazing I'd be in utter ecstasy, and I wouldn't mind Talking Heads or another round of Pulp either. But if something is shit and ropey, everybody would rather forget it.

Real talk tho; that MCR reunion is going to be mega when it actually happens isn't it? I can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No m8, they'll be a headline band in 2020 when they reform for the Glastonbury 50th.

I've seen reformed Pulp, Sleater-Kinney, and LCD Soundsystem put in properly amazing GOAT-level reunion gigs, so I'm all for them if they're good. If R.E.M. put in something that amazing I'd be in utter ecstasy, and I wouldn't mind Talking Heads or another round of Pulp either. But if something is shit and ropey, everybody would rather forget it.

Real talk tho; that MCR reunion is going to be mega when it actually happens isn't it? I can't wait.

Whats the MCR reunuon mate.

In regards to pulp I don't think they would be anywhere near a headliner size band if they reformed. Even at their peak there were multiple bands who were far bigger even if they were not as good. I don't think they would get near filling arenas these days and don't think they would pull a great crowd headlining the Pyramid. Now I think they are a fantastic band and music wise they deserve to headline festivals, unfortunately I don't think they would have the pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Swedish House Mafia? Is that a joke?

Exactly wtf who votes for them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Out of that lot I've already seen Floyd, Zeppelin, REM, The Smiths, The Jam, the Pistols and Oasis. So either Talking Heads or ABBA.

That said, in the unlikely event of the latter ever reforming, they could play whatever venues they wanted and charge the earth - and demand would always be huge. Can't see them reforming to play a Glasto Sunday afternoon slot.

Top top effort . Only seen oasis and the jam . Would have to be the smiths seen morrissey and marr seperately.  Or talking heads that would be unbelievable if only to hear this must be the place 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Whats the MCR reunuon mate.

When we all go off to join The Black Parade.
 

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

In regards to pulp I don't think they would be anywhere near a headliner size band if they reformed. Even at their peak there were multiple bands who were far bigger even if they were not as good. I don't think they would get near filling arenas these days and don't think they would pull a great crowd headlining the Pyramid. Now I think they are a fantastic band and music wise they deserve to headline festivals, unfortunately I don't think they would have the pull.

Headlined Leeds and Coachella in 2011; got a bunch of kids who weren't even born for most of their recorded work going mental for them. Glastonbury is home turf for them, Pulp will always be headliners in Shepton Mallet as in Sheffield. They'd get a bigger crowd that Arcade Fire, probably similar to what Tom York's High Flying Blimps got.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When we all go off to join The Black Parade.
 

Headlined Leeds and Coachella in 2011; got a bunch of kids who weren't even born for most of their recorded work going mental for them. Glastonbury is home turf for them, Pulp will always be headliners in Shepton Mallet as in Sheffield. They'd get a bigger crowd that Arcade Fire, probably similar to what Tom York's High Flying Blimps got.
 

 

They're a great band and deserve to headline. Yet I still think they are only other headliner sized. Not sure about them only being Headliners at Glasto. Even at their peak they only headlined because the Roses pulled out. Have they headlined since?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They're a great band and deserve to headline. Yet I still think they are only other headliner sized. Not sure about them only being Headliners at Glasto. Even at their peak they only headlined because the Roses pulled out. Have they headlined since?

Yeah they came back and headlined outright in 1998. And headlined Leeds and Coachella on the reunion tour. They would 100% headline. Trust me bruv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulp in 2020 please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulp would easily headline, be amazing to see them again was luckily at the Sheffield arena show in 2012, outstanding gig 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah they came back and headlined outright in 1998. And headlined Leeds and Coachella on the reunion tour. They would 100% headline. Trust me bruv.

Good stuff mate, I hope they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×