Who should reform?

maelzoid

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They can only have been around for one Glastonbury I think.

That was a pretty remarkable rise and fall - I think even the music press were like "we can't even prop these shiters up". A shame now that they didn't feel the same way about Van McCann's Porridge Pistoleros.

I suppose that'll be because, unlike Cann McVan, Fred and George Viva weren't the reincarnation of Oscar Wilde, Nina Simone, and Jimi Hendrix all rolled into one.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I walked past the Other when they were on and I can say without hesitation or hyperbole that they were the worst thing I've ever seen on that stage. And I've seen the Kaisers on there. Thrice.

You obviously didn't have the misfortune of walking past Mika in 2007. 

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fucking hell that sounds like the shittest thing ever. Before I clicked on it I thought to myself "absolute banter if Smith #3 is Craig Gannon"

Surprised it's not their lawyer.

I'm guessing #WrongSmiths is the reason why Glasto have Hacienda Classical coming back next year.

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Rush.

I'm still hopeful.

Retired because touring is knackering should not equate to no more studio recordings.

You don't even have to be together in the same studio these days guys.

I'm quite happy for bands to reform by those sorts of modern methods. That is, recording seperately and so on, but it's a bit much if they're a young band. Bands with an average age under 55, reform in this way all the time, and I don't think it's right. They come back and they hype themselves as; a slightly older version of what they once were. They claim they're individual members are reckless, dishevelled and whimsically hyperactive. Or that they have just been to rehab and they need to get they're life on track. This doesn't seem to be an honest way of doing things. Most of the time all the band members marraiges are still intact and they're children have been firmly entrenched in some of Britains, top private schools, for years. All these things happen to members of bands, like this, without any break to family stability, or any financial hardship.

The point I'm making here is, if these free loaders can reform in this way, I don't see why bands like Rush, that are clearly just exhausted due to creative reasons; shouldn't do the same.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At this point the Symphonic Smiths still looks like a better bet than Morrissey.

At this point I think a Smiths reunion is the shiny gold shovel that Moz needs.

edit: not that it’d be any good, mind. Just he’s approaching persona non grata.

Edited by dentalplan

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

At this point I think a Smiths reunion is the shiny gold shovel that Moz needs.

edit: not that it’d be any good, mind. Just he’s approaching persona non grata.

The last thing that prick wants is a gold shovel. He's got a massive wide-on for being hated on by the mainstream and adored by a lucrative niche, going alt-right is delivering that beyond his wildest dreams.