Who should reform?

maelzoid

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

35 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Think when they headlined in 1992, JB had a moan on stage about the place. Don't think they were invited back after that!

I once saw them play at my University Summer Ball, 3rd on the bill behind Let Loose and Sean Maguire. That was 4 years after they headlined Glastonbury.

Ha! I think it was Les who did the moaning after 92 as Jim has been back to play a couple of solo gigs - I saw him in 08 in the Left Field

Are Pulp really a headline band in 2017? 

Edit - The question is who should reform and play not headline, so ignore me. I would be well up for Pulp reforming anyway, nevermind playing Glastonbury.

Edited by eastynh

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Eh? Nothing from Monster, New Adventures in Hifi or Up? are you mad! Some of R.E.M.'s best work came after AFTP...

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Wot no Daysleeper? 

Well I'd rather hear the earlier stuff - i.e. before Green. 

Get all of them together as a supergroup, the likes of which nobodies ever seen before. But instead of taking in turns to play each others songs all of them play as a set they they usually would just at the same time on the same stage. It'd sound really shite but it'd be a hell of a spectacle. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Are Pulp really a headline band in 2017? 

Edit - The question is who should reform and play not headline, so ignore me. I would be well up for Pulp reforming anyway, nevermind playing Glastonbury.

No m8, they'll be a headline band in 2020 when they reform for the Glastonbury 50th.

I've seen reformed Pulp, Sleater-Kinney, and LCD Soundsystem put in properly amazing GOAT-level reunion gigs, so I'm all for them if they're good. If R.E.M. put in something that amazing I'd be in utter ecstasy, and I wouldn't mind Talking Heads or another round of Pulp either. But if something is shit and ropey, everybody would rather forget it.

Real talk tho; that MCR reunion is going to be mega when it actually happens isn't it? I can't wait.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No m8, they'll be a headline band in 2020 when they reform for the Glastonbury 50th.

I've seen reformed Pulp, Sleater-Kinney, and LCD Soundsystem put in properly amazing GOAT-level reunion gigs, so I'm all for them if they're good. If R.E.M. put in something that amazing I'd be in utter ecstasy, and I wouldn't mind Talking Heads or another round of Pulp either. But if something is shit and ropey, everybody would rather forget it.

Real talk tho; that MCR reunion is going to be mega when it actually happens isn't it? I can't wait.

Whats the MCR reunuon mate.

In regards to pulp I don't think they would be anywhere near a headliner size band if they reformed. Even at their peak there were multiple bands who were far bigger even if they were not as good. I don't think they would get near filling arenas these days and don't think they would pull a great crowd headlining the Pyramid. Now I think they are a fantastic band and music wise they deserve to headline festivals, unfortunately I don't think they would have the pull.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Out of that lot I've already seen Floyd, Zeppelin, REM, The Smiths, The Jam, the Pistols and Oasis. So either Talking Heads or ABBA.

That said, in the unlikely event of the latter ever reforming, they could play whatever venues they wanted and charge the earth - and demand would always be huge. Can't see them reforming to play a Glasto Sunday afternoon slot.

Top top effort . Only seen oasis and the jam . Would have to be the smiths seen morrissey and marr seperately.  Or talking heads that would be unbelievable if only to hear this must be the place 

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Whats the MCR reunuon mate.

When we all go off to join The Black Parade.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

In regards to pulp I don't think they would be anywhere near a headliner size band if they reformed. Even at their peak there were multiple bands who were far bigger even if they were not as good. I don't think they would get near filling arenas these days and don't think they would pull a great crowd headlining the Pyramid. Now I think they are a fantastic band and music wise they deserve to headline festivals, unfortunately I don't think they would have the pull.

Headlined Leeds and Coachella in 2011; got a bunch of kids who weren't even born for most of their recorded work going mental for them. Glastonbury is home turf for them, Pulp will always be headliners in Shepton Mallet as in Sheffield. They'd get a bigger crowd that Arcade Fire, probably similar to what Tom York's High Flying Blimps got.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When we all go off to join The Black Parade.

Headlined Leeds and Coachella in 2011; got a bunch of kids who weren't even born for most of their recorded work going mental for them. Glastonbury is home turf for them, Pulp will always be headliners in Shepton Mallet as in Sheffield. They'd get a bigger crowd that Arcade Fire, probably similar to what Tom York's High Flying Blimps got.

They're a great band and deserve to headline. Yet I still think they are only other headliner sized. Not sure about them only being Headliners at Glasto. Even at their peak they only headlined because the Roses pulled out. Have they headlined since?

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They're a great band and deserve to headline. Yet I still think they are only other headliner sized. Not sure about them only being Headliners at Glasto. Even at their peak they only headlined because the Roses pulled out. Have they headlined since?

Yeah they came back and headlined outright in 1998. And headlined Leeds and Coachella on the reunion tour. They would 100% headline. Trust me bruv.

5 hours ago, battleborn said:

You honestly saying you wouldn't go to it? Would be one hell of a singalong.

Can you tell that I detest all things Abba?

I love a good sing along but something about their songs really twists my nuts! Never had liked them. I even hate mini Abba aka Steps.

• Upvote 2