Who should reform?

maelzoid

Who should reform?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which band would you most like to see reform and play at Glastonbury in 2019?

• Abba
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zeppelin
    • The Smiths
    • Oasis
    • Talking Heads
    • Sex Pistols
    • White Stripes
    • The Jam
    • R.E.M.
    • Swedish House Mafia
    • other (and let us know who)

41 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Smiths would be OK if they didn't piss arse about trying to make new material.

Mozza and especially Marr have been prolific over the years with new material. If they ever got back together, releasing new material.would not be the worry. It is Mozza continually postponing gigs or walking off stage due to illness that would be my worry.

I think Mozza, Marr and Rourke will play together some day, I just can't ever see it happening at Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Mozza and especially Marr have been prolific over the years with new material. If they ever got back together, releasing new material.would not be the worry. It is Mozza continually postponing gigs or walking off stage due to illness that would be my worry.

I think Mozza, Marr and Rourke will play together some day, I just can't ever see it happening at Glastonbury.

I just don't want them to ruin a legacy with shit new music is all. I don't mind their solo material but new Smiths (if shite) would ruin it forever!

Just now, rpfranks said:

I just don't want them to ruin a legacy with shit new music is all. I don't mind their solo material but new Smiths (if shite) would ruin it forever!

Sorry mate I misunderstood. I thought you wanted new tunes and did not want them pissing about like the Roses.

For me the Roses have tainted themselves by not releasing new stuff. They have come across as money grabbers.

I honestly don't think the Mozza and Marr partnership could fail as they are that good. If they got back together then I would want new music.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Sorry mate I misunderstood. I thought you wanted new tunes and did not want them pissing about like the Roses.

For me the Roses have tainted themselves by not releasing new stuff. They have come across as money grabbers.

I honestly don't think the Mozza and Marr partnership could fail as they are that good. If they got back together then I would want new music.

yea, that Roses thing has really tainted them for me, I did want new music off them at start but it took them 5 years to produce 2 shitty songs, 1 of which they still can't play live, and now it looks like they're splitting up again.  Smiths are infinitely more talented than the Roses but I would just worry something like that would happen as a result of a bust up

Out of that lot I've already seen Floyd, Zeppelin, REM, The Smiths, The Jam, the Pistols and Oasis. So either Talking Heads or ABBA.

That said, in the unlikely event of the latter ever reforming, they could play whatever venues they wanted and charge the earth - and demand would always be huge. Can't see them reforming to play a Glasto Sunday afternoon slot.

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

I attended their "Last Ever Show" at Brixton Academy in 2007. Think they've had a least 7 "Last Ever Shows" since then mind...

Yep, I've attended at least 3 of those, including  the last last ever show :lol:

Just now, mario man said:

Yep, I've attended at least 3 of those, including  the last last ever show :lol:

Think when they headlined in 1992, JB had a moan on stage about the place. Don't think they were invited back after that!

I once saw them play at my University Summer Ball, 3rd on the bill behind Let Loose and Sean Maguire. That was 4 years after they headlined Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, battleborn said:

What would ABBAs set even look like; so hard to narrow it down. Maybe;

1. Gimme Gimme
  2. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
  3. Fernando
  4. Waterloo
  5. Take a Chance on Me
  6. Knowing Me Knowing You
  7. Summer Night City
  8. When All Is Said Is Done
  9. Thank You For the Music
  10. Money. Money. Money
  11. The Name of the Game
  12. S.O.S 
  13. Hasta Manana
  14. Does Your Mother Know
  15. Lay All Your Love on Me
  16. The Winner Takes It All 
  17. Dancing Queen 

No Mamma Mia?

No Super Trouper?

No Voulez-Vous?

31 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

yea, that Roses thing has really tainted them for me, I did want new music off them at start but it took them 5 years to produce 2 shitty songs, 1 of which they still can't play live, and now it looks like they're splitting up again.  Smiths are infinitely more talented than the Roses but I would just worry something like that would happen as a result of a bust up

Have you read Johnny's book mate? Well worth a read as its fantastic.