What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nothing. I'm taking 2019 off, with the 50th being my final fling.

I've thought about doing this (although not the final fling part). BUT the fact that there is absolutely no guarantee of tickets in 2020 puts me off going through with this plan. 

I've tried to figure out how to bring our 2 kids who will be 9 and 11 by then. Quite a challenge if you understand we fly in from the Netherlands. Should we bring 1 big tent, 2 small, and how will all this ever fit in a few rucksack...? 

Might consider coming by car, or camp at worthy view. 

Any tips are welcome. 

27 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I've tried desperately to play it down to all the people at my work who insist they now want to go in 2019 because it looked amazing on the TV.

7 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Give it two years most will have forgotten. 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Almost certainly, colleague: "you'll have to remind me when to register" me: "of course I will"

All of this. I'm always inclusive and encouraging people to go an say to register and when the tickets go on sale. It doesn't matter if we are 18 months or 18 days from Ticket day - they never, ever do. I figure if they really want to go then they will sort themselves out. Even if they do register and remember, when they realise they won't shower for 5 days and they have to buy the ticket without knowing the lineup they will get their nose bent out of shape and not bother or forget to pay the balance or double book themselves.

As with all u lot, if they really want to go, they will. If not, they won't. Just be nice to people :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

All of this. I'm always inclusive and encouraging people to go an say to register and when the tickets go on sale. It doesn't matter if we are 18 months or 18 days from Ticket day - they never, ever do. I figure if they really want to go then they will sort themselves out. Even if they do register and remember, when they realise they won't shower for 5 days and they have to buy the ticket without knowing the lineup they will get their nose bent out of shape and not bother or forget to pay the balance or double book themselves.

As with all u lot, if they really want to go, they will. If not, they won't. Just be nice to people :)

Totally agree with all of that l. The only problem for me now from a massively selfish perspective is I had somebody I work with go for the first time this year and they loved it and want to go back, which is fair enough. Now somebody else is very eager to go for the first time, if we did all get tickets it would cause a big issue from an annual leave point of view. So I'm now keeping quiet and will leave it up to them to sort themselves out, while immediately sticking in the holiday request at the earliest opportunity :P

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Totally agree with all of that l. The only problem for me now from a massively selfish perspective is I had somebody I work with go for the first time this year and they loved it and want to go back, which is fair enough. Now somebody else is very eager to go for the first time, if we did all get tickets it would cause a big issue from an annual leave point of view. So I'm now keeping quiet and will leave it up to them to sort themselves out, while immediately sticking in the holiday request at the earliest opportunity :P

Now that is fair enough - it is 2 years away though so things could change. Yea, was about to say put the week in the leave diary now. I'm tempted to and I won't even be in this role by then (one way or another!!!). I'd be willing to bet that they will both have forgotten by October 18.

• Upvote 1

I've decided to save £100 a month for the next couple of years and go all out for 2019. I'm gonna treat myself and hire an old school VW Campervan. I've always wanted one but could never afford it, so hiring one for the week would definitely scratch that itch.

8 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

When does registration open? Sometime November 2018....

21 hours ago, airwaves said:

The site newspaper on Sunday had a headline 'See you in 731 days"

That puts the open date as Wednesday 26 June 2019, with a finish of Sunday 30 June. So still the last weekend of June, as the Monday doesn't count as 'festival'

Well spotted!

Was telling myself that this year was my last one - though there's plenty of time to change my mind - or at least I'd need to mix up the experience somehow. During the festival a mate asked if I was coming back next time - I said I'd be back as long as I'm booked to play....

So I've been working on my fledgling music career.

Plenty of boat routes over with less driving than Newcastle, though, if you're after a more direct route - drive down from the Netherlands to Calais or Dieppe and you can pop over to the south coast of England, Dieppe goes to Newhaven which is about three hours to Glastonbury. It'd be a great road trip! 

16 hours ago, rinzeanne said:

I've tried to figure out how to bring our 2 kids who will be 9 and 11 by then. Quite a challenge if you understand we fly in from the Netherlands. Should we bring 1 big tent, 2 small, and how will all this ever fit in a few rucksack...? 

Might consider coming by car, or camp at worthy view. 

Any tips are welcome. 

Hire a motorhome, done it twice now, would struggle to camp now.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Homersexual said:

I've decided to save £100 a month for the next couple of years and go all out for 2019. I'm gonna treat myself and hire an old school VW Campervan. I've always wanted one but could never afford it, so hiring one for the week would definitely scratch that itch.

We did this in 2013, very very cute, lots of smiles and great pictures, great bed. 

• Upvote 1