Sexual Assauly at Silver Hayes

Wondermum

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/woman-sexually-assaulted-middle-busy-135908

Reading this has put a but of a downer on the weekend. 

Why? Just Why? I sincerely doubt the scumbag responsible is on these forums, and wonder at the likelihood of anyone being caught for this. I just don't get the mentality of people who do this. I've heard of incidents at other festivals, and there seem to be repeat stories year after year, but not at Glastonbury. We've even said that we would prefer the kids to choose Glastonbury as their post GSCE / A Levels right of passage than V (which is on our doorstep), purely because we feel we are more likely to have them return in one piece than from another festival. 

I've always felt safe in that respect at Glastonbury. In fact, I was wondering alone for practically all of the Foos trying to find a set of keys we had lost. Lots of people stopped to talk to me, mostly groups of lads; some helped before moving on, and others just chatted.  

What galls me, though, is that I was on that bridge a little before the assault is said to have taken place, and was talking to a steward. He must have seen something?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs Elk had male hands between her legs twice as she tried to walk out of the Pyramid stage crowd towards the end of Katy Perry, and she was hassled by a bloke late on the Thursday night as she was walking up to the stone circle, who was being sexually suggestive towards her and wouldn't leave her alone.  She has always felt safe at the festival up till this year.  This was her 8th Glastonbury, and the first time this has ever happened to her.  Not surprisingly, she's questioning if she wants to return in 2019, which is very sad, as other than these instances, she had a great one.

There were a few scumbags there this year, as highlighted by the stories above.

Mrs Jass was stood in the queue at the Cider Bus when a bloke came up behind, put hi hand on her waist and kissed the back of her head. He stopped immediately when he saw me glaring at him, and claimed he was wrecked and thought she was his girlfriend. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

During Run the Jewels they gave a speech about good behaviour in the mosh pit which included a bit about keeping one's hands to oneself. A guy next to me loudly heckled them. I wondered what it was about what they were saying that he could possibly disagree with. I concluded that he must have been a massive w*nker. 

He did resemble Paul Nutall, so that is one possible explanation, I suppose. 

A mate of mine helping a drunk guy when he tried to kiss her. She says no so he pushed her into a bush and walked off... she lost her wallet.

felt the crowd was significantly younger this year if maybe I'm just getting older. 

37 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

During Run the Jewels they gave a speech about good behaviour in the mosh pit which included a bit about keeping one's hands to oneself. A guy next to me loudly heckled them. I wondered what it was about what they were saying that he could possibly disagree with. I concluded that he must have been a massive w*nker. 

He did resemble Paul Nutall, so that is one possible explanation, I suppose. 

Frank Carter gave one of the most rousing speeches I've ever heard about not groping women who want to crowd surf. I was there to see the Killers but I was blown away by his passion on the subject. He ended the speech by saying something along the lines of "so if I see even one of you touching someone inappropriately I will personally come down there and slice your head off, put it on a stick, and we'll have flame grilled w*nker over by Arcadia" (or words to that effect)

I saw a woman get groped at Anderson.Paak and was so proud of the girls reaction. She turned around and gave the guys the biggest bollocking I've ever seen and they were forced out of the crowd. Knobheads.

57 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Frank Carter gave one of the most rousing speeches I've ever heard about not groping women who want to crowd surf. I was there to see the Killers but I was blown away by his passion on the subject. He ended the speech by saying something along the lines of "so if I see even one of you touching someone inappropriately I will personally come down there and slice your head off, put it on a stick, and we'll have flame grilled w*nker over by Arcadia" (or words to that effect)

I saw a woman get groped at Anderson.Paak and was so proud of the girls reaction. She turned around and gave the guys the biggest bollocking I've ever seen and they were forced out of the crowd. Knobheads.

I didn't know much of Frank Carter (bar a few Gallows tunes) but from what I heard outside The JP I really really liked him. Seemed to genuinely love being at Glasto (said how he was glad he finally made the cut) and spoke with passion on several subjects, what you outlined being one of them. 

I was also massively impressed by Frank Carter's speech and that of Run The Jewels.  It's sad that it has to be said but it's good to see bands normalising the calling-out of assaults like that.  Men need to feel empowered to call out other men for it and to feel secure that the majority will back them up if things go nasty.

I can't find it but I read a BBC article a while back about the increase in groping at live events and how there are guys who now go to gigs with this as their sole intention. What is going on? Has social media turned people into such f**kwits that they don't know how to behave in public anymore?  

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Frank Carter was spot on with his comments, even to the twat that thought he'd throw piss at him during the set.!

When walking back from Silver Hayes circa 3-4am a guy walking towards Silver Hayes came up to me asking if i "wanted to touch his willy" which I think - was inside his bumbag. He didn't get close enough for me to notice luckily and i completely ignored him. I was with my boyfriend as well. 

Edited by LaurenEdwards93

God this is awful. I usually attend with 15 or so ladies who have never mentioned (at least openly) any stories of unpleasantness. Saying that it can be quite imposing when there's 15-20+ of our male contingent ready to go Dudley Brothers and 3D the first c**t that steps out of line through a table.

Seconded on Frank Carter's speech. And his whole set for that matter. Was absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

Really sad to hear about this stuff particularly the reported article. 

I got touched up a bit by a security guy in bread and roses during New York Brass Band and at the same gig a very drunk/fucked topless guy was trying it on with our whole group of girls. The two guys in our group had to tell him to do one. At one point he reached out and touched my face with his sweaty hand at which point I just left :( 

Someone tried to get touchy one night when I was walking home up Muddy Lane. It's Glasto went with his banter, the moment his hand went places it shouldn't he was in for a massive bollocking. He actually then accused me of being all sorts of cusses before at the threat of my fist knocking his teeth out actually ran away. 

Everyone around us was unfortunately rather young so probably more scared by my yelling than anything else.... (the lad was fair bit younger than me too; might have been different otherwise)

It shouldn't happen but unfortunately at any mass gathering always will. It's on everyone else (us) to be vigilant and protective of others.

7 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

Someone tried to get touchy one night when I was walking home up Muddy Lane. It's Glasto went with his banter, the moment his hand went places it shouldn't he was in for a massive bollocking. He actually then accused me of being all sorts of cusses before at the threat of my fist knocking his teeth out actually ran away. 

Everyone around us was unfortunately rather young so probably more scared by my yelling than anything else.... (the lad was fair bit younger than me too; might have been different otherwise)

It shouldn't happen but unfortunately at any mass gathering always will. It's on everyone else (us) to be vigilant and protective of others.

Upvoted for the bollocking.

I'll no doubt get down voted to shit for this. But for balance, it happens to guys too, but largely seen as "funny" when it happens to guys by wider society. 

At various times girls have grabbed and rubbed their hands through my hair (i have a lot of it) and i remember at reading festival a girl rubbing my face and hair very incessenatly with both hands while she was on her friends shoulders. Would not leave me alone and her friend laughed it off implying she had been doing mdma. And some chav girl years and years ago in Portsmouth attempted to grab my bollocks in broad daylight while I was walking down the street.