Lovebullets Police Sunday

Migraine

I had my break from The Glade Bar at about 9 and there were still a lot of police standing around keeping an eye on that tent which seemed to be fairly sparsely occupied by then. 

I also wondered what had gone on.

No signs of trouble just around the corner watching Gentlemans Dub Club at The Glade, so clearly quite an isolated issue.

I was volunteering with Shelter on the West Holts bar and spoke with a lady on the way back from the festival who had been on the bar at Love Bullets. She said it had been absolute hell working on that bar and a full blown fight had kicked off (I presume this is why all the police were there.) She said she got nothing but abuse from the majority of punters all weekend in there and there was little to no security. 

22 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I fancied a go on the vertual reality club thing they had close by but everytime I passed that area it was full of idiots so never bothered to stop, infact most of that area around the glade was a no go for me this year. 

Ah what a shame, always love it around Glade. Didn't spend too much time there this year (other than a brief dance in the Spaceport), but hope the atmosphere didn't suffer. Does Elrow attract idiots or something? Can't say I know much about it really.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Ah what a shame, always love it around Glade. Didn't spend too much time there this year (other than a brief dance in the Spaceport), but hope the atmosphere didn't suffer. Does Elrow attract idiots or something? Can't say I know much about it really.

From my experience, yeah it does unfortunately.

The Glade itself seemed pretty lovely all weekend. The Saturday night crowd were a bit more arsey - but then we ran out of almost every drink you could name so I didn't really blame them! Most of our customers were lovely - but round the corner at The Brew Bar (by Love Bullet) which is also Shelter, I get her things were a bit different. It's amazing how much Glastonbury can vary n 20 yards!

My mate was in the tent at that time & he realised it got noticeably quieter, when he left to come over to meet me at west holts he then also noticed the police outside. Said he saw nothing going on inside whilst he was there though so couldn't understand what they were there for.

12 minutes ago, mario man said:

My mate was in the tent at that time & he realised it got noticeably quieter, when he left to come over to meet me at west holts he then also noticed the police outside. Said he saw nothing going on inside whilst he was there though so couldn't understand what they were there for.

It's the largest police presence I have seen at Glastonbury so it seems odd that nothing apparent was going on inside.

19 minutes ago, Migraine said:

It's the largest police presence I have seen at Glastonbury so it seems odd that nothing apparent was going on inside.

I agree, he took a photo and showed me! He couldn't understand it as there were none when he arrived & nothing happened whilst he was there! 

Was at Elrow for a few hours on the Thursday when we couldn't get anywhere near the Stonebridge Bar for Eats Everything. Noticed a few trout pouts and hair extensions etc, but apart from that the crowd was pretty good - this was day time though. Left at about 5pm to glorious sunshine outside the tent, was absolutely amazing!

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were there at that time but whether or not it was him that was DJing I honestly dunno.  It's a wee bit hazy.

Him and his mate were on for three hours playing some incredible stuff. Everyone was loving it and it wasn't too crowded. And so pretty under the trees. Loved it.

Lovebullets scared the shit out of me whenever I went past though!