Glastonbury Toe

mrlibertinedream

I had it bad last year and took me about 11 months to get rid of it entirely. So I had literally just gotten over and and very worried I would get it again. Nope. Not this year. I spent the weekend in trainers and converse and the toes feel great. 

Nothing at all this year, which is a pleasant surprise; proof it only happens when wearing wellies.

Speaking of which, what was with the amount of people STILL wearing wellies? The ground was bone dry! Some were wearing properly thick socks with them too - I can only imagine what their feet must've been like after a good few hours of warm weather.

30 minutes ago, alibear said:

Nothing at all this year, which is a pleasant surprise; proof it only happens when wearing wellies.

Speaking of which, what was with the amount of people STILL wearing wellies? The ground was bone dry! Some were wearing properly thick socks with them too - I can only imagine what their feet must've been like after a good few hours of warm weather.

I wondered this....and the big coats/ponchos as well at the slighest hint of a shower....I mean the rain we had was a tiny tiny amount yet whenever it started youd have thought a monsoon was on the way or it was burning people or something haha. Didnt change from shorts. t shirt and trainers all fest never had any issues. Oh I tell a lie I did put a hoodie on in the evenings when it got a bit chilly but thats literally it. 

Even if you only ever wear wellies during muddy GF's, it's well worth investing in a decent pair. I'm out walking my dogs every day and so wear wellies daily in the winter and the pair I have are very comfortable, I can walk all day in them without any issues. 

Also, repeating @alibear above (no relation!), I couldn't believe the amount of people wearing wellies last weekend. Their feet must have been minging! :bad:

Edited by henry bear

Lasted ages last year, I didn't think it would happen at all this year due to the lack of wellies, but I currently can't really feel the ends of my big toes! Hope it goes away quicker this year

Edited by Laurawfc
unfortunate typo of wellies!

I swapped from plimsole type trainers to my boots for the second half of the fest just to try and make things easier for my feet. The only places I was really struggling was on the rougher roads/paths and near the waterpoints though. 

I have the early stages of GT on big righty but if it went 100% numb it was only for a day or 2. :)

Out of 5 times, this was the first I did not get Glastonbury toe, and I think I know why. I wore new boots this year and I went a whole size up from the old ones I had worn in the past. This allows the toes some wiggle room, and therefore, no Glasto toe. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I genuinely don't know what you guys do to suffer this!  Worn converse, normal trainers, walking boots and cheap wellies across the 6 I've been to and never had a problem!

Lucky sod!

numb toe took 4 months to fuck off last year!

I've never experienced "glastonbury toe" before but since I returned I haven't been able to feel my right big toe. I only wore my wellies for a few hours on Saturday morning before changing back into my converse again. Strange as i've never experienced it after muddy years but I suppose I walked more this year as the ground was so dry. Glad I found this thread as I didn't even know this was a thing until now and was getting a little worried.