Posters from the Glasto Free Press

JoBalls

Hello all,

Has anyone framed any of the Stanley Donwood posters from the Free Press either this year or last year? If so where did you get the frame from?

I've now got three of them awaiting framing and I haven't been able to find a frame that's the right dimensions!

Edited by JoBalls

Got this year's in the tube still. But will get professionally framed as it's quality and difficult to get right size "off the shelf". So £10 for print, prob £30 for frame! 

EDIT: who was I kidding....£94 for a custom mount & frame from a local framer! Looks amazing though.

Edited by phillyfaddle

11 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Hello all,

Has anyone framed any of the Stanley Donwood posters from the Free Press either this year or last year? If so where did you get the frame from?

I've now got three of them awaiting framing and I haven't been able to find a frame that's the right dimensions!

I've recently started framing concert posters I've accumulated over the years. They don't always come in standard sizes - I bought the 3 Donwood prints from the Free Press this year and I think they're all different sizes.

I use ezeframe.co.uk (plenty of other sites are available) and tend to stick to the same frame for them all (23mm gloss black in my case). There is plenty of choice of frame types and you can specify whatever dimensions you need. Obviously you'll have to  put the print into the frame yourself when it arrives. 

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

It's not a poster though, it's a properly screen printed limited edition artwork. Far higher quality than some glossy poster print you might pick up from your local Athena.

The print is good quality, but the paper isn't much better than a newspaper. Would've been nice if they had used some decent weight paper. Bit frightened of ripping it by accident.

Edited by fowls

3 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Yes it's all on the Glastonbury website now :) 

I was afraid the response would be custom frames!!

If you're a dab hand with a scalpel and ruler you could always get a pre-made frame that's too big and use some thick card to make a window mat (as below). Would be a lot cheaper than a custom frame.

Hinging+004.1.jpg

Edited by fowls

1 minute ago, fowls said:

The print is good quality, but the paper isn't much better than a newspaper. Would've been nice if they had used some decent weight paper. Bit frightened of ripping it by accident.

Junglist1981 is talking about the £275 numbered limited edition print which is a high quality product, and signed my Donwood. It is considerably larger than the £10 posters. Whilst it's not cheap, Donwood is a very collectable artist and these will more than hold their value. The b&w posters are printed in situ on lower quality paper on an old fashioned printing press. They'll still look very nice when framed.

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Junglist1981 is talking about the £275 numbered limited edition print which is a high quality product, and signed my Donwood. It is considerably larger than the £10 posters. Whilst it's not cheap, Donwood is a very collectable artist and these will more than hold their value. The b&w posters are printed in situ on lower quality paper on an old fashioned printing press. They'll still look very nice when framed.

Ah k, I apologise for the misunderstanding

1 minute ago, sneakydave said:

There are plenty of websites which will custom make a frame to your exact dimensions for not much more money than you would pay for a standard size frame from a normal shop. I can't remember which company I used last but this one seems like it'll do the trick: http://www.ezeframe.co.uk

That's the company I suggested earlier in this thread!

11 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Yes it's all on the Glastonbury website now :) 

I was afraid the response would be custom frames!!

Thank you so much. A long shot, you don't know if I were able to look at the 2014 posters? There was one I got my ex and it was brilliant. I'd love one myself.

1 minute ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Thank you so much. A long shot, you don't know if I were able to look at the 2014 posters? There was one I got my ex and it was brilliant. I'd love one myself.

I think if its not on there then they don't have it anymore. You could try eBay?