Nice Surprises

barkley87

Sorry if there's already a thread on this but I couldn't see one in the first three pages. 

Who were the acts you weren't planning on seeing, didn't think you'd like or just stumbled across that you really enjoyed?

For me it was Kano. I only knew a couple of his songs before but went on my brother's recommendation and loved it. It ended up being one of my top sets of the weekend. 

Frank Carter. Was a big Gallows fan, heard one rattlesnakes song on the radio and thought it was crap - so I went along to moan about it not being as good as it used to be, really :lol: - but then he blew my head off and was awesome! 

Humble pie is tasty 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Frank Carter. Was a big Gallows fan, heard one rattlesnakes song on the radio and thought it was crap - so I went along to moan about it not being as good as it used to be, really :lol: - but then he blew my head off and was awesome! 

Humble pie is tasty 

Basically this

1 minute ago, Titters said:

Future Islands. 

Way better than I hoped. 

And Avalanches, after last year's debacle of a DJ set... 

The Avalanches was on my must see list but due to being held up I never got there ...gutted. 

Dizzee. Had no intention of going but wasn't feeling Radiohead and a few of our group went so I followed along. Had a great time.

Craig David. Wasn't expecting much and went around ahead of RTJ and was having a great time by the end.

The XX. Always liked their music but wasn't sure how great live - totally blown away 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Whitney. Was just walking through the field when they came on but had to stop for the whole set.

I loved the Whitney set but don't you think the Park Stage would have suited them better this year?

4 minutes ago, Titters said:

Ah, If I'd known you could have bought me a pint. 

#Avoidance

£4.80's not to be sniffed at.

Thinking about it, it was probably £5.20 there. The one thing that pissed me off this year was the price of beer being higher the closer you got to a big stage. 

Anyways..... now I have beer guilt (and quite right too). Next time I'll take my own tent and buy you 2 pints.

Edited by Gnomicide
Guilt

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Humble pie is tasty 

Humble pie is tasty and so is balti pie, but which one is better? There's only one way to find out:

harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg