Your top Glastonbury sets ever

arcade fireman

13 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

personal preference isn't it? Some [not me] may even consider 2016 a write-off given the weather, which made enjoying some sets difficult.

You just have to get on with it when the weather is bad. The plus side was that a lot of the difficult areas to get to due to mud were empty. The great food places in the markets had no queues, kedgeree, fish curry, coffee, smokehouse etc, it was easy to get a good spot in West Holts, Avalon Bar wasn't as busy etc. 

Anyway when was the last "classic" headline set at the festival? One that will be remembered?

Don't think I'm alone on this forum thinking the Radiohead show last year was something utterly beguiling and transcendent. Just thinking there about the opening to "Everything in its Right Place" has given me the shivers. Take me back. Now.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... that Stevie Wonder set was the best I've seen at the festival in my 11 years of going.

Up until last year 2010 was the best weather i'd experienced on the farm and I think Stevie coupled with the weather just made that Sunday night euphoric.

The atmosphere was incredible. 

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again... that Stevie Wonder set was the best I've seen at the festival in my 11 years of going.

Up until last year 2010 was the best weather i'd experienced on the farm and I think Stevie coupled with the weather just made that Sunday night euphoric.

The atmosphere was incredible. 

Stevie was incredible, yep.  A joyous one off.

One from each year

Blur, Pyramid '09

Levellers, Glade '10

Rolling Stones, Pyramid '13

Lionel Richie, Pyramid '15

Chvrches, Other'16

Kate Tempest, West Holts '17

(2017 was really hard.  Honourable mention to Justice closing the Sunday with the eFests massive :)

From my five years.

2011- Pulp (The Park)

2013-  Bobby Womack (West Holts)

Chic (West Holts)

Charles Bradley (Pussy Parlure)

Rolling Stones (Pyramid)

2015 - Patti Smith (Pyramid)

Public Service Broadcasting (Glade)

Alabama 3 (Glade)

2016     LCD Soundsystem (Other)

2017     Flaming Lips (Park)

Songhoy Blues (Park)

Edited by tjamest

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you watch the clip the crowd is pretty decent for the circumstances.

Syrian Lads - Christine & The Queens -Dakha - Vince - ZZ Top - Ronnie Spector - Stormzy - Nao - Protoje

is a good day's work in my book.

Site was shellshocked though mate. I get that loadsa peeps enjoyed '16 but i've not been to a fest where more people have told me it was a bummer.

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Site was shellshocked though mate. I get that loadsa peeps enjoyed '16 but i've not been to a fest where more people have told me it was a bummer.

You didn't speak to this guy in 2005!

0596_122731_glastonbury05crowd10.jpg

Or the tens of thousands who didn't go in 2008 as a result of 2007.

Weather was hardly ideal in 2016 but it only rained once or twice during the day time. Was just mud really. But we're well used to that by now. 

On 4/17/2018 at 5:08 AM, Wooderson said:

Don't think I'm alone on this forum thinking the Radiohead show last year was something utterly beguiling and transcendent. Just thinking there about the opening to "Everything in its Right Place" has given me the shivers. Take me back. Now.

but 03 and 97 were the standard bearers for them, so no surprise

a lot on this forum participated in a knockout tourney of some sort that someone started a thread on - who was it? - a decade back maybe, and their '03 set beat out Macca's 04 much to the chagrin of the poll-creator...

• Upvote 1