Your Glastonbury Song 2017

Wakey321

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Shit, I clean forgot about Paul Carrack, it was so long ago. I was singing The living years and how long has this been going on all that day.

It was only my 3rd year but there were so many incredible moments. 

Just rewached royal blood and they are just amazing. Hoping to go see them later in the year, sadly only seated tickets left for leeds and Manchester but should be worth it still. 

Edited by Heather90

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky - Radiohead. My favourite Radiohead song ever. Apparently my daughter said I was in tears and the guy behind me from Worthy Farm FM said that I had 'peaked too soon' as they played it second in the set.

Amsterdam - Nothing But Thieves. An absolute banger. Their latest single and the last song in their set, which shows there is so much to come from this band's next album. Crowd went wild!

Radiohead - Let Down. One of my favourite songs ever. I was hoping and hoping and hoping they'd play it. They played it. It was even better than I could've hoped. Seeing it get such a great reception made it even more special. I think it literally took me until the chorus to realise what song they were playing because I was so overjoyed.

I would have to say Flaming Lips Do You Realize? A song I love but also one of the guys in the group near me was looking forward to it because "it is the best fucking song ever written" Everyone around me was so into it and despite all their antics, The Lips have created some of the greatest songs ever written. 

Also, I had a bit of a moment with the National when  it really hit me how great the poetry of their song writing is.

25 minutes ago, Pandas said:

Amsterdam - Nothing But Thieves. An absolute banger. Their latest single and the last song in their set, which shows there is so much to come from this band's next album. Crowd went wild!

Yep that was one of mine too, only just got into them very recently and listened to it quite a few times, but it it was a different song again live, really nailed it and I couldn't stop singing it for the rest of the afternoon.

Another vote here for "Do You Realize?" By Flaming Lips. So perfect. Still playing in my head, on a loop. Bliss. Emotional.

And "Free" by Ultra Nate, covered by Hacienda Classical. Proper hands in the air moment, with lyrics that really meant something with all this shit going on in the world.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yep that was one of mine too, only just got into them very recently and listened to it quite a few times, but it it was a different song again live, really nailed it and I couldn't stop singing it for the rest of the afternoon.

We are big fans of NBT in the Pandas household and I agree with you, Amsterdam is much better live than the studio version, even though both are good.

Live, there is so much more energy and I love the fact that it is a new single and the crowd go wild every time they play it.  Also, it has become their last song at gigs when their others will be much better known. Great gig at Glasto, seeing them 'graduate' from an early slot in the JP tent last year is superb.

5 hours ago, rinzeanne said:

Goldfrapp : Strict Machine 

I was on the best shroom trip of my life for their entire set. Very very magical moment for me. 

Pheonix playing lisztomania had me crying (and now am crying now thinking about it) because I felt like my entire life had been leading to a point and now I had to leave to meet my friends or i was going to ruin their night. They played lisztomania and and the irony got me and I couldn't stop my smile and everything was okay. Danced my face off and enjoyed the rest of my night with my friends. God I'm a wreck.

I also need 3.

Thundercat - them changes, had high hopes. Cried as it was so good.

Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones. Never played the first 3 times I saw them and they drop it in the final third of Glasto. <3

Jain - Makeba. Had the entire room bouncing and was stuck in my head all of Sunday night. Good going for a song I had only listened to once before.

4 hours ago, tullux said:

flaming lips opening with race for the price

:wub:

This...  what a start to a set.! 

For pure emotion, I would have to say Lloyle Carner's last song (don't know what it is called) that includes a sample of a song his dad made... at the end his Mum came on stage and he picked her up and hugged her...

im welling up again...

he was my biggest surprise if the weekend. I know little of his work (except 'ain't nothin changed') and am not a real fan of the genre... but man he has talent.

Future Islands Seasons- the tent blew its top with our noise

Nothing But Thieves Amsterdam- crowd went mental

Radiohead There There- dancing in my own little space

RagN Bone Man- Hell yeah- when he hits the high note,hair on end

Edited by milly16

5 minutes ago, JAlexander191 said:

Foo Fighters - Best of you ...Was never really my favourite Foos song at all but whenever I hear the 'Woaah ohhhhh' bit it will always take me back to Glastonbury from now on!

Same! 

The National - England

Future Islands - Seasons (has there ever been a more bizarrely charismatic front man)

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

maybe a special mention for the Smyths Panic , just for a nice "hang Theresa" singalong